matt

Default Hanse 311

Hi, I will get right to the point. I bought a brand new Hanse 311 in
April of 2002,. It is a Germany made 31 foot sloop. I want to know if
there are others out there who bought a Hanse and if you are having
trouble with the boat. I have had "Nothing" but trouble with this
boat and some of it has been pretty major. Example:
1. The mast plate (where the mast meets the deck) cracked and had to
be replaced.
2. The deck chain plates (where the shrouds meet the deck) are
bending and Hanse told me when I sent them pictures this is bad and
they need to send me new parts. It only took them "7 Weeks" to get
back to me too.
3. The boat leaks.
4. Every single place on the boat you find Sic-o-flex it has cracked
and had to be re-done.

I can go on and on and on and on and on with the problems I have had
but I will spare you the time. I just want to know if there are other
Hanse owners out there who are going through hell like I am with their
boat.

Thank you.
Matt
Bobsprit

I can go on and on and on and on and on with the problems I have had
but I will spare you the time. I just want to know if there are other
Hanse owners out there who are going through hell like I am with their
boat.

Thank you.
Matt

Matt, go get a pro-surveyor and an attorney to evaluate the boat and your legal
rights regarding your lemon.
Perhaps some folks here have some info on this...?

RB
Donal

"matt" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I will get right to the point. I bought a brand new Hanse 311 in
April of 2002,. It is a Germany made 31 foot sloop. I want to know if
there are others out there who bought a Hanse and if you are having
trouble with the boat. I have had "Nothing" but trouble with this
boat and some of it has been pretty major. Example:

snip

I'm only answering because it appears that nobody here has a Hanse 311.

There are a couple of Hanse boats near me in the marina. Their owners seem
happy with them.

I've also read reviews on them, which were quite enthusiastic.

It sounds like you may have a "Friday afternoon" boat, but my impression is
that they are generally OK.

Their reputation over here is that they are a reasonably priced, good
performance cruiser which are great value for money.

Maybe you should try posting in uk.rec.sailing. There may be some owners
over there.

Regards

Donal