Donal

Default Hanse 311

"matt" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I will get right to the point. I bought a brand new Hanse 311 in
April of 2002,. It is a Germany made 31 foot sloop. I want to know if
there are others out there who bought a Hanse and if you are having
trouble with the boat. I have had "Nothing" but trouble with this
boat and some of it has been pretty major. Example:

snip

I'm only answering because it appears that nobody here has a Hanse 311.

There are a couple of Hanse boats near me in the marina. Their owners seem
happy with them.

I've also read reviews on them, which were quite enthusiastic.

It sounds like you may have a "Friday afternoon" boat, but my impression is
that they are generally OK.

Their reputation over here is that they are a reasonably priced, good
performance cruiser which are great value for money.

Maybe you should try posting in uk.rec.sailing. There may be some owners
over there.

Regards

Donal