Jeff Morris

Default Too Old, too Small, too Wooden.

I'm sure you would have the full support of those of us in the States. In fact,
we might even take up a collection for a prize should you survive your trip
across.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Ian Wright" wrote in message

During a pub lunch the other day one of us said "I wouldn't mind
sailing to the Azores and back before I'm to old for it,,,," then it
went quiet for a bit.
So (again),,,,,,,,,
Anybody else like to come? Spring 2005. No entry fee. No organisation,
all boats sail under the Skippers responsibility only.
Side bets for small stakes only.

Ian Wright, Patience, Vertue 203

The more I think about this informal race the better I like
the idea. I'm intrigued by it. I think I should like to join
the fray but I would need to sail across the Pond to England
first. Where would this race start? Are there any yacht
clubs in the are which would be willing to host a famous American
yachtsman prior to the start of the race? Think of the prestige
a transAtlantic presence would lend to this race.

S.Simon

Floatything

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I'm sure you would have the full support of those of us in the States. In

fact,
we might even take up a collection for a prize should you survive your

trip
across.

...and there are those of us in the UK who might even take up a collection
for a prize should he not.

Floatything

Simple Simon

C'mon, you guys. Lot's of uninformed subscribers actually
think I'm some kind of fraud. I bet you're secretly afraid
I would sail across the Pond as a warm-up leg and then
proceed to out everyone to the Azores. You would
be right to be afraid. After the little sail across with
the wind and current at my back my yacht and already
superior skills would be honed to a fine edge. I guess none
of you could stand to be left in the wake of someone whom
you don't take seriously and who has a vessel many of
you consider the butt of your jokes if only because you
don't like the color. Allow me to suggest many of you
have a stripe up your backs of the same color.

S.Simon

"Floatything" wrote in message ...

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I'm sure you would have the full support of those of us in the States. In

fact,
we might even take up a collection for a prize should you survive your

trip
across.

..and there are those of us in the UK who might even take up a collection
for a prize should he not.

Floatything

katysails

After the little sail across with
the wind and current at my back my yacht and already
superior skills would be honed to a fine edge.

What a very fertile imagination you have....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DSK

katysails wrote:
What a very fertile imagination you have....

There's a difference between a "fertile imagination" and producing a lot of
fertilizer. Maybe the Crapton is both?

DSK