Jonathan Ganz

Default A worried man.

****... now I might lose $5 and a pack of 20 stamps.

Donny's Dilemma wrote in message
news
WASHINGTON - President Bush (search) wants to send Americans back to
the moon - and may leave a permanent presence there - in a bold new
vision for space exploration, administration officials said yesterday

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

two wheels

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:58:09 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote:

****... now I might lose $5 and a pack of 20 stamps.

Donny's Dilemma wrote in message
news
WASHINGTON - President Bush (search) wants to send Americans

back to
the moon - and may leave a permanent presence there - in a bold

new
vision for space exploration, administration officials said

yesterday

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

By that time, I'll need Christmas stamps again, so I'll be depending
on them. :-)

And, everyone should buy some aerospace stock.

two wheels

More about the the motive [for going to the Moon]:
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/new...224058,00.html

excerpt:
- ------------------------------

'You've got the Chinese saying they're interested - we don't want
them to beat us to the moon.

'We want to be there to develop the sweet spots,' Republican Senator
Sam Brownback said on Thursday.

A close adviser to Nasa administrator Sean O'Keefe who asked not to
be identified was quoted by USA Today as saying the Chinese launch
earlier this year and their interest in a manned lunar mission had
'changed the equation' for the US space agency.

Some analysts say a Chinese-American space rivalry may prove healthy
and lead to other benefits such as new drug products, but CNN said
other White House hawks saw Beijing's space programme more as a
warning.

They say China could use a space base to test new rockets or other
technology that may prove threatening to the United States at some
later date.