The Carrolls

Default Mylar Sails, Worth the cost?

Well are they?

Poppa Pimple

Very much so.

Poppa

"The Carrolls" wrote in message
news
Well are they?

The Carrolls

Why? I am not a racer, they cost about 40% more than dacron, what do I get
for my money?
"Poppa Pimple" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Very much so.

Poppa

"The Carrolls" wrote in message
news
Well are they?

Poppa Pimple

Superior light air performance. 40% amortized over the life of the sail is
zilch.
Also look at resale value.

Poppa

"The Carrolls" wrote in message
Why? I am not a racer, they cost about 40% more than dacron, what do I get
for my money?
"Poppa Pimple" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Very much so.

Poppa

"The Carrolls" wrote in message
news
Well are they?

The_navigator©

Poppa Pimple wrote:

Superior light air performance. 40% amortized over the shorter life of the sail is
not zilch.
Also look at no resale value.

Poppa

Bobsprit

I'm not gonna sell them, I may wear them out. Light air is not a real
problem with me.

Nope, your problem appears to be hot air.

RB
SAIL LOCO

Mylar's main advantage is a longer PERFORMANCE life.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Simple Simon

Light air performance? Gimme a break with that!

I bet NONE of these wannabe sailors around here
do anything in light air but crank up the motor.

I've yet to see any diesel sailboat sailing at one
or two knot. To the boat they use the iron jenny
with a wind-up jenny flapping in the apparent
breeze.

Unless you race, Mylar is not worth the money
and maintenance problems.

S.Simon