Poppa Pimple

Default Liberals: America's Real Enemy!

Liberals hate America. They don't care about the common good, they simply
want absolute power.

They are against everything Bush does. Remember they said the tax cuts would
increase interest rates and kill the economy? Were they right about this?

Remember they said that striking out against terrorists would not stop the
acts of terror? Do you feel safer now than two years ago?

Remember the "Great Society", LBJ and how it would help the underclass? Are
today's inner city negroes better of than they were 40 years ago?

Are today's schools any better?

Is the Post Office more efficient?

Is the tide of illegal immigrants any less?

Are you betting on Social Security?

Are you getting more or less government for what you pay?

All of the Liberals Programs were lies to sell you short. Bobsprit is the
embodiment of Liberalism. Do you want him running your life?

Poppa Pimple

Bobsprit

Remember they said the tax cuts would
increase interest rates and kill the economy? Were they right about this?

Nope. The economy is in awful shape, only showing "improvement" after huge
losses and scaling back by nearly every major company. Everyone is in survival
mode. The economic recovery is presently building on cuts, not profits. Care to
examine the year for Walmart, Toys R Us or Merc? All slashed back to show even
a break-even point. The low interest rates are a desperate measure, and not
even the liberals predicted such a bad fall.

RB
two wheels

On 30 Nov 2003 16:58:44 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Remember they said the tax cuts would
increase interest rates and kill the economy? Were they right about
this?

Nope. The economy is in awful shape, only showing "improvement" after
huge losses and scaling back by nearly every major company. Everyone
is in survival mode. The economic recovery is presently building on
cuts, not profits. Care to examine the year for Walmart, Toys R Us or
Merc? All slashed back to show even a break-even point. The low
interest rates are a desperate measure, and not even the liberals
predicted such a bad fall.

RB

Depends where you are.

tw

- ------------

http://www.cincypost.com/2003/11/29/purch112903.html

Survey: Businesses here set for growth
11/29/2003
By Greg Paeth
Post staff reporter

The region's economy continued to expand in November, according to the
latest snapshot from the area's businesses.
Further, that expansion is expected to continue well into 2004,
according to the survey.

The flash poll of 50 businesses by the Cincinnati chapter of the
National Association of Purchasing Management is the latest evidence
that the region's economy is moving into an expansion mode along with
the rest of the nation. The latest survey found 93 percent of
respondents said new orders will increase for the first six months of
2004. Only 7 percent said orders would remain at current levels, and
none said orders would decrease.

There also was good news on the job front: 56 percent said they planned
to increase employment while 44 percent said the number of jobs would
remain constant. None predicted job cuts.

Overall, the survey found that 73 percent of purchasing managers in the
region believe their businesses will grow next year while only 6
percent predicted a decline. That figure is the second strongest
forecast since the association began publishing its semi-annual
forecasts in May, 1996.

The strongest forecast was two years ago, two months after the
terrorist attacks crippled some U.S. businesses and depressed stock
prices. At that point, even the most pessimistic business owners
couldn't see further room for decline.

The survey also said that 87 percent of the purchasing managers said
they would be spending more during the first half of 2004 while just 6
percent said their companies would buy less during that period.

For the month of November, 11 of 12 indices the association tracks
supported a business expansion trend. The only index that did not
support expansion was the backlog of orders category, which showed no
change from the previous month.

The U.S. Commerce Department reported last week that gross domestic
product, the broadest measure of economic performance, increased at an
annual rate of 8.2 percent during the third quarter. That revised
growth rate was the strongest since the first quarter of 1984, a full
percent higher than the previous month's first growth estimate and more
than double the 3.3 rate for the second quarter of this year.

- ------------

Bobsprit

predicted such a bad fall.

RB

Depends where you are.

NY, California, Tennessee and Texas...and all of the USA. These big companies
are the US. If they fail, we fail.
NY is a financial capital and it's still in trouble.

RB
Simple Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Remember they said the tax cuts would
increase interest rates and kill the economy? Were they right about this?

Nope. The economy is in awful shape, only showing "improvement" after huge

Bwahahahahahhahahahahh!

Wal-Mart Tops $1.52 Billion in One Day

Saturday November 29, 3:19 PM EST

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Saturday it hit a single-day company sales record during the traditional
day-after-Thanksgiving shopping sprees, taking in more than $1.52 billion nationally.

Last year, Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, reported sales of $1.43 billion for the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Donal

"Poppa Pimple" wrote in message
ink.net...
Liberals hate America. They don't care about the common good, they simply
want absolute power.

They are against everything Bush does. Remember they said the tax cuts

would
increase interest rates and kill the economy? Were they right about this?

If Bush os doing so well, then why is the dollar so weak?

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

Bwahahahahahhahahahahh!

Wal-Mart Tops $1.52 Billion in One Day

Neal, do you actually think that one day erases the damage of the past few
years? Walmart and Target are in a life and death struggle. Sears already died
twice as did K-Mart.
For god's sake, man, our economy is very sick and weak. Brief surges mean
nothing. We need YEARS of boost to recover, not a few days or months.

RB

Poppa Pimple

Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they
regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version
of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always
create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those
who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems
from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly
understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to
the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been
so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to
despotism.

Fellow Republicans, it is the cause of Republicanism to resist
concentrations of power, private or public, which enforce such conformity
and inflict such despotism. It is the cause of Republicanism to ensure that
power remains in the hands of the people. And, so help us God, that is
exactly what a Republican president will do with the help of a Republican
Congress.

It is further the cause of Republicanism to restore a clear understanding of
the tyranny of man over man in the world at large. It is our cause to dispel
the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the illusion that a world
of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of
harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of
aggression - and this is hogwash.

It is further the cause of Republicanism to remind ourselves, and the world,
that only the strong can remain free, that only the strong can keep the
peace.

Now, I needn't remind you, or my fellow Americans regardless of party, that
Republicans have shouldered this hard responsibility and marched in this
cause before. It was Republican leadership under Dwight Eisenhower that kept
the peace, and passed along to this administration the mightiest arsenal for
defense the world has ever known. And I needn't remind you that it was the
strength and the unbelievable will of the Eisenhower years that kept the
peace by using our strength, by using it in the Formosa Straits and in
Lebanon and by showing it courageously at all times.

It was during those Republican years that the thrust of Communist
imperialism was blunted. It was during those years of Republican leadership
that this world moved closer, not to war, but closer to peace, than at any
other time in the three decades just passed.

And I needn't remind you - but I will - that it's been during Democratic
years that our strength to deter war has stood still, and even gone into a
planned decline. It has been during Democratic years that we have weakly
stumbled into conflict, timidly refusing to draw our own lines against
aggression, deceitfully refusing to tell even our people of our full
participation, and tragically, letting our finest men die on battlefields
(unmarked by purpose, unmarked by pride or the prospect of victory).

Yesterday it was Korea. Tonight it is Vietnam. Make no bones of this. Don't
try to sweep this under the rug. We are at war in Vietnam. And yet the
President, who is Commander-in-Chief of our forces, refuses to say - refuses
to say, mind you, whether or not the objective over there is victory. And
his Secretary of Defense continues to mislead and misinform the American
people, and enough of it has gone by.

And I needn't remind you, but I will; it has been during Democratic years
that a billion persons were cast into Communist captivity and their fate
cynically sealed.

Today in our beloved country we have an administration which seems eager to
deal with communism in every coin known - from gold to wheat, from
consulates to confidence, and even human freedom itself.

two wheels

You should try not to be such a single-minded zealot, Poppa. Your lack
of open-mindedness reminds me of some of the robotic left-wing thinking
I see in this group. Zealotry is unattractive, even if it's along the
right track.

Remember, all politicians will disappoint you. Republicans just
disappoint you less often.

two wheels