The_navigator©

Default Kite Surfers and Coll Regs.

The Colregs don't talk about booms donal.

Cheers MC

Donal wrote:

Capetanios Oz wrote in message

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:31:40 -0000, "Donal"
wrote:

How do we determine which tack a kite surfer is on?

Same way you always do!

Kite surfer don't have booms. Try again.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
The Colregs don't talk about booms donal.

Correct!

How would *you* determine which tack a kite surfer was on?

BTW, I can see that Oz has posted a reply to me in this thread.
Unfortunately, as I have a crap ISP, I cannot see the message!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
The wind is coming over his starboard rail.

No, it isn't!

Regards

Donal

The_navigator©

Please Oz, I'm studying for my Ocean yachtmaster.

Cheers MC

Capetanios Oz wrote:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:41:43 -0000, "Donal"
wrote:

"The_navigator©" wrote in message

The Colregs don't talk about booms donal.

Correct!

You looked it up eh?

How would *you* determine which tack a kite surfer was on?

The same way I always do!

BTW, I can see that Oz has posted a reply to me in this thread.
Unfortunately, as I have a crap ISP, I cannot see the message!

I've reposted it!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
It isn't? You are heading north in a westerly and he's coming toward you
from ahead? On my thinking the wind would be coming over the starboard
rail -no?

What rail? The kite surfers that I have seen are only two, to three foot
long.

Regards

Donal

Donal

Capetanios Oz wrote in message
news
BTW what tack is a boat on when it's head to wind?

A Power driven vessel doesn't have a "tack".

Regards

Donal

Schoonertrash

Yes they are included in ColRegs. When in doubt refer to Rule 2. Always.

Rule 1 INTERNATIONAL (a) These rules apply toall vessels upon the high
seas and in all waters connected therewith navigable by sea going vessels.

Rule 1 INLAND (A) These Rules apply to all vessels upon the inland waters of
the United States . . . . . .

Rule 3 General Definitions

INTERNATIONAL and INLAND the same

(a) The word 'vessel' includes every description of water craft, including
nondisplacement craft and seaplanes, used or capable of being used as a
means of transportation on the water.

and Yes this includes surfboards. rowboats, Tom Sawyer's raft . . . .and
Wind or Kite Surfers.

(c) The term 'sailing vessel' means any vesel under sail providing that
propelling machinery, if fitted is not being used.

It's a common trick question on the tests

End of Discussion

MST