katysails

Default Hull Flexing

What is that?

LP

Glorysail is a gay sailing organization. They appear here now and again =
just to goad Neal. Or maybe they think he's a candidate?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

It's very easy to see what's going on - two people
making asses out of themselves in public. A couple
of exhibitionists who are so insecure in their
personal lives that they cannot distinguish between
reality and fantasy.

OMG, I'm going to split a gut laughing here...after all these years of =
your drooling all over my posts, pasting pictures of the supposed me on =
your website, etc, etc, etc and you have the gall to launch this thread? =
Neal, you are such a piece of work. You get the clap from your latest =
adventure so you're bitter again?=20
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Lady Pilot

Just look upon the whole "neal incident" as flattery. He's been rejected by
every woman that has ever crossed the paths to this newsgroup.

LP :-D

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

DSK

Peter Wiley wrote:

It'd depend on the boat really. Rerigging a racing boat could get
really expensive I'd assume, but it's likely the winches are a lot
bigger than most cruisers would have.

It could get hairy trying to simplify the running rigging for 2 handed-sailing; but
then some race boats have a workable deck layout already.

Hull construction would be my
first concern.

Agreed, with some attention definitely on the rig.

I was just chatting to one of my staff who sailed in the
1998 Sydney-Hobart race and had a carbon fibre hull start to delaminate
in Bass Strait. They also lost nearly everything on the foredeck
including pulpit etc when they dived into a wave. Repairs were very
expensive.

I'm somewhat lukewarm on carbon fiber. It's great stuff, but it's yield to failure
curve is almost straight... which means that you get very little flex, and no
cracking or gradual failure... one second it's whole & hearty, the next second
you've got a loose bundle of carbon splinters. Carbon fiber also requires an order
of magnitude (or thereabouts) greater skill & preparation & tooling to make good
secondary bonds.

If you (or some careless bugger in a steel boat ) punch a
hole in the hull in some flyspeck harbour in the Pacific, how is it
going to be effectively repaired? Do you need 8' plus of water to sail
it? How many crew do you need with the existing rig? What's the
accommodation like?

Yep... a functional approach. Always best IMHO. These are issues for any cruising
boat shopper. No such thing as a perfect boat, but one can try and maximize
utility.

My approach would be the same as for anything else - decide what the
aims are first, then see if what you're looking at is fit for your
intended purpose, or can be made so at an acceptable time/money cost.
If so, go for it. If not, think of the scrap value to you then offer
less.

I think what's happening is that a lot of these boats are on the market because of
the economy, and the owner can't reconcile himself to scrap them, yet their sale
value seems to be hovering right around scrap value.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Simple Simon

No need to wonder about my objections to public displays
of affection as I have stated my stand on numerous
occasions. It is rude, self-centered, inconsiderate, stupid
and hedonistic to engage in public displays of affection
whether those who do it are gay or straight.

Public flirting, kissing, grouping and sex is not something
right-thinking, mature people wish to do or have any desire
to do. It's only maladjusted, people who need an audience to
shock so they become the center of attention in order to
enjoy what they should be enjoying in private. Love and
displays of love and sex are demeaned by public prostitution
of the physical displays of love. "Hey, look at me!" is the
vulgar motivation. This is what motivates children to a large
extent. Adults should have outgrown this need to be looked
at when it comes to private acts of a sexual nature and, yes,
flirting is sexual in nature, especially when it makes others
uncomfortable and goes against religious teachings

When people, gay or straight, engage in public displays of
affection they are being rude, inconsiderate, and uncaring.
They step all over people's rights to not be exposed to sexuality
in public. It is little different than masturbating in public.
It's sick, it's stupid, it's wrong and it's totally unnecessary.

Give it a rest already.

S.Simon

"katysails" wrote:
What is that?

LP

Glorysail is a gay sailing organization. They appear here now and again
just to goad Neal. Or maybe they think he's a candidate?

Bobsprit

nconsiderate, stupid
and hedonistic to engage in public displays of affection
whether those who do it are gay or straight.

From a guy who's never displayed effection in any way shape or form at any
place or time.

RB
Simple Simon

"katysails" wrote in message ...
snipped some
the gall to launch this thread? Neal, you are such
a piece of work. You get the clap from your latest
adventure so you're bitter again?

LP does not have VD!

S.Simon

Simple Simon

LP,

Unlike you, Katy, Lady Sailor, Trojan Lady, Ms. Carroll, Haggie,
and some of the other female losers who have blessedly become
conspicuous in their absence, I don't frequent this group to read
sexual fantasies and idle chit chat of a flirtatious nature between
slutty women who could care less about sailing but only wish to
bolster their egos by making themselves the center of attention
by invoking sexuality in the majority of their posts while leading
astray weak, effeminate males like Mooron until they embarrass
themselves in public and embarrass the entire group. If I wanted
immaturity, I'd log onto an AOL chat room for teenagers who
don't know what it is to be a mature, well-adjusted person. Is
it really necessary to be flooded with this crap here where it
has no place?

My motivation is being a sailorman and telling like it is from the
viewpoint of a real sailorman. The fact is when women frequent
alt.sailing.asa too much the level of discourse here becomes silly,
childish, perverse and disgusting. It starts with inane female
comments and dubious contributions of a sleazy nature and
multiplies with girly men responding until the group reads like
soap opera chit chat.

In a nutshell women harm any man's group and this is a man's
group. Decent women would not intrude. What does that say
about the women who continue to intrude even when they know
they are not welcome?

S.Simon

"katysails" wrote in message

It's very easy to see what's going on - two people
making asses out of themselves in public. A couple
of exhibitionists who are so insecure in their
personal lives that they cannot distinguish between
reality and fantasy.

OMG, I'm going to split a gut laughing here...after all these years of your
drooling all over my posts, pasting pictures of the supposed me on your
website, etc, etc, etc and you have the gall to launch this thread? Neal,
you are such a piece of work. You get the clap from your latest adventure
so you're bitter again?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Bobsprit

My motivation is being a sailorman and telling like it is from the
viewpoint of a real sailorman.

A real sailorman would be off the hook and sailing rare unusual shores.
You're on the web, bickering against a steady wind of insults and barbs that
expose you at every turn!

RB