Scott Vernon

Default ETA for Mooron

Is this a small chartered ship? Anytime I needed to know when a vessel was
due in, all it took was a phone call to the ship line at the port of
discharge. Course just because the ship docked, and was offloaded, doesn't
always mean the cargo is released.

Scotty

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Bwahahahahahahahaaa.... You're friggin kiddin' me right??!!!

There's over a hundred shipping lines here. Who handles the boat? Where is
it registered? Get a grip! If you don't have the shipping documents it's a
best guess.

It's just like you to over-complicate something simple Simon... and fail

see the logic of the obvious!

When I want info on shipping I'll ask Shen or otnmbrd... If I want an
example of how not to do colour selection for a boat, I'll ask you!.

CM
"There's only 3 proper colours should be on a boat! White with Battleship
gray decks and a black trim!" Capt. Frank Haines

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| For a Master you sure act ignorant sometimes.
|
| The whereabouts of all ships is known to the mile, and hour.
| They are all in contact via electronic means. It's not like
| they leave port and nobody knows where they are until
| they show up in another port as was often the case in
| the age of sail.
|
| Why not contact the freight company and get some
| valid position reports instead of speculating?
|
| S.Simon
|
| S.Simon
|

| "otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...
| A lot depends on the type of ship.
| Is this a Car carrier, container, or breakbulk ship?
| Speeds could vary, anywhere from 16 - 26 k
| Is it making any stops prior to Halifax?
|
| What Shen gave you is probably a good starting point, and as he said,
| check the port web site, if they give ETA's
|
| otn

Capt. Mooron

Don't know the size, don't know the line... like I said, I'm just handling
the transport as a favour. I don't have the shipping documents yet. Just
departure info. I just wanted an average crossing time.

thnx

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Is this a small chartered ship? Anytime I needed to know when a vessel
was
| due in, all it took was a phone call to the ship line at the port of
| discharge. Course just because the ship docked, and was offloaded, doesn't
| always mean the cargo is released.
|
| Scotty
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Bwahahahahahahahaaa.... You're friggin kiddin' me right??!!!
|
| There's over a hundred shipping lines here. Who handles the boat? Where
is
| it registered? Get a grip! If you don't have the shipping documents it's
| best guess.
|
| It's just like you to over-complicate something simple Simon... and
fail
| see the logic of the obvious!
|
| When I want info on shipping I'll ask Shen or otnmbrd... If I want an
| example of how not to do colour selection for a boat, I'll ask you!.
|
| CM
| "There's only 3 proper colours should be on a boat! White with
Battleship
| gray decks and a black trim!" Capt. Frank Haines
|

| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | For a Master you sure act ignorant sometimes.
| |
| | The whereabouts of all ships is known to the mile, and hour.
| | They are all in contact via electronic means. It's not like
| | they leave port and nobody knows where they are until
| | they show up in another port as was often the case in
| | the age of sail.
| |
| | Why not contact the freight company and get some
| | valid position reports instead of speculating?
| |
| | S.Simon
| |
| | S.Simon
| |
| |
| | "otnmbrd" wrote in message
| nk.net...
| | A lot depends on the type of ship.
| | Is this a Car carrier, container, or breakbulk ship?
| | Speeds could vary, anywhere from 16 - 26 k
| | Is it making any stops prior to Halifax?
| |
| | What Shen gave you is probably a good starting point, and as he
said,
| | check the port web site, if they give ETA's
| |
| | otn
| |
| |
| |

otnmbrd

G We're not there yet, Neal, although AIS should help close that gap.
Most ships, still work under a 24hr reporting schedule, until they get
within 48hrs or are queried by agents.
Contact the freight company? whatsa freight company?

otn

Simple Simon wrote:

For a Master you sure act ignorant sometimes.

The whereabouts of all ships is known to the mile, and hour.
They are all in contact via electronic means. It's not like
they leave port and nobody knows where they are until
they show up in another port as was often the case in
the age of sail.

Why not contact the freight company and get some
valid position reports instead of speculating?

S.Simon

S.Simon

"otnmbrd" wrote in message nk.net...

A lot depends on the type of ship.
Is this a Car carrier, container, or breakbulk ship?
Speeds could vary, anywhere from 16 - 26 k
Is it making any stops prior to Halifax?

What Shen gave you is probably a good starting point, and as he said,
check the port web site, if they give ETA's

otn

Capt. Mooron

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
ink.net...
| G We're not there yet, Neal, although AIS should help close that gap.
| Most ships, still work under a 24hr reporting schedule, until they get
| within 48hrs or are queried by agents.
| Contact the freight company? whatsa freight company?

He has no clue about shipping... that's obvious.

CM