Scott Vernon

Default VHF Q? Bart?

While listening to Uncle NOAA the other night, my radio started cutting out,
intermittently. Reaching for the radio, as I touched the mike cord the radio
worked fine. When I let go, static. then the next morning, it seemed to
work just fine. Someone suggested a bad ant. gound (?). What do you think?

Scotty

Martin Baxter

Scott Vernon wrote:

While listening to Uncle NOAA the other night, my radio started cutting out,
intermittently. Reaching for the radio, as I touched the mike cord the radio
worked fine. When I let go, static. then the next morning, it seemed to
work just fine. Someone suggested a bad ant. gound (?). What do you think?

Scotty

I'd suspect a bad ground somewhere, remove and clean all connections, replace
same and tighten well. Are you using any of those automotive type crimp on
connectors?

Cheers
Marty
Bobsprit

When I let go, static. then the next morning, it seemed to
work just fine. Someone suggested a bad ant. gound (?). What do you think?

You probably have a radio as cheap as your boat. Buy a new one, lowlife.

RB
Bobsprit

Are you using any of those automotive type crimp on
connectors?

Good christ.

RB

Pony Express

Wasn't that about the time of the solar flares?
We saw the Northern Lights way down here. Radio
and TV sound was affected as well.
--
----
Steve

"Scott Vernon" wrote in
message
: While listening to Uncle NOAA the other night,
my radio started cutting out,
: intermittently. Reaching for the radio, as I
touched the mike cord the radio
: worked fine. When I let go, static. then the
next morning, it seemed to
: work just fine. Someone suggested a bad ant.
gound (?). What do you think?
:
: Scotty
:

Simple Simon

What you experienced was static buildup in and around
the antenna. It probably was due to the solar flares. NOAA
comes in on the AM band so it is subject more to this kind
of interference. Your body when touching mike acted as
a damper to remove some of the interference from around
the receiver.

S.Simon

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
While listening to Uncle NOAA the other night, my radio started cutting out,
intermittently. Reaching for the radio, as I touched the mike cord the radio
worked fine. When I let go, static. then the next morning, it seemed to
work just fine. Someone suggested a bad ant. gound (?). What do you think?

Scotty

http://www.usenet.com
Scott Vernon

"Martin Baxter" wrote

I'd suspect a bad ground somewhere, remove and clean all connections,

replace
same and tighten well. Are you using any of those automotive type crimp

on
connectors?

Of course. You prefer soldering?

SV

energy policy bb General 29 May 26th 04 06:25 PM
WET RIDE TODAY Bart Senior ASA 22 November 1st 03 04:02 AM
OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence? noah General 222 September 24th 03 06:50 AM