Bobsprit

Default The Bad, the Ugly and the Horrific...and the good

Beneteau
Horrible dark interior. Extremely cheap build quality. Lowest resale of any
modern boat.

Express 30 and 35
Terribly dated due to focus on racing. No fleets for these J-boat wannabes and
little interest due to the angular design that offends the eye.

Siedleman 30
Ugh. It's 30 feet with pretty cushions, right? A poor sailing boat that gets
less respect than Mac, Beneteau or even Hunter. Cheap. Poor quality everywhere.
Hard to give them away.

The C&C 32...the good!
because C&C focused on building quality yachts, these boats remain popular and
respected. They also focused heavily on family cruiser elements, so that as her
performance dated, her cruisability remained. Better built than any of the
other boats by far.

Capt RB
Jeff Morris

And yet all of the boats Booby disdains have carried their owners (in this group) an order
of magnitude further than Booby's boat. His big trip of the season was virtually within
the city limits! Is he afraid to test the quality?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

Bobsprit

of magnitude further than Booby's boat. His big trip of the season was
virtually within
the city limits! Is he afraid to test the quality?

Still sailed more day and nights than anyone here! Couldn't sail far because my
wife is in school.

You lose AGAIN!

RB
Jeff Morris

I lose? You're the one who has a nice cruising boat and only daysails! I did more
daysails before I was 18 than you'll do in your life; but now that I'm grown up I enjoy
going a little further than the marina across the Sound.

This was an "off year" for us, but we still took three trips further and longer than any
you did this summer. In fact, it looks like just about everyone in the group does more
real sailing than you, Booby.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
of magnitude further than Booby's boat. His big trip of the season was
virtually within
the city limits! Is he afraid to test the quality?

Still sailed more day and nights than anyone here! Couldn't sail far because my
wife is in school.

You lose AGAIN!

RB

Bobsprit

I lose?

Agreed. Yes, you did.

RB

Bobsprit

In fact, it looks like just about everyone in the group does more
real sailing than you, Booby.

Nope. Try again! Not only did I sail more, but I did it on more boats!

RB
SAIL LOCO

The C&C 32...the good!

You forget (maby you never knew) Express Yachts was started by ex C&C people
who were dissatisfied with what was going on at C&C. Poor design, dated
product line, poor build quality etc. So they left and formed Express Yachts,
hired a real designer and built better boats. Period, end of story.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

You forget (maby you never knew) Express Yachts was started by ex C&C people
who were dissatisfied with what was going on at C&C. Poor design, dated
product line, poor build quality etc. So they left and formed Express Yachts,
hired a real designer and built better boats.

I read all about Express some time ago. They were not unhappy with quality.
They just wanted their own show and faster designs. But the designs didn't
catch on.
The company FAILED and so did the boats.
End of the story!

RB

SAIL LOCO

The company FAILED and so did the boats.

Well at least Express only failed once. C&C has failed how many times?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport