Bobsprit

Default Boat Quality....

Pretty nice work if
you can get it I don't know if this was in effect for Vol 1. It
would be hard to argue with any of the choices in Vol 1, although the
inclusion of Beneteau just seemed odd.

And for that matter, Freedom really didn't belong in there, though they make
fine boats.

RB
Jeff Morris

Goofy perhaps, but they'll do 18 knots at 4 gallons per hour, 12 knots at 2 gal/hour and
no trawler rolling. Lately they've been doing 3 powerboats for every sailboat. Their
niche is couples that want to do the "loop" - the ICW plus Erie, Mississippi, Tombigby,
etc.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
I didn't know PDQ made powerboats. They're goofier looking than the
sailboats.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Jeff's boat...can't remember the name, but they are an excellent

builder.

Its a PDQ 36, from PDQ Yachts www.pdqyachts.com

Chosen as one of "The World's Best Sailboats, Volume 2" by Ferenc Mate

(actually the
article focuses more on the 42)

The preceeding a paid announcement.

Jonathan Ganz

No. It's the toilet bowl itself I think.

The Captains Nemesis wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:35:07 -0500, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

What's PDQ stand for?

Pretty Darned Queer. Primarily Designed for Queens,
Pretty Darned Questionable, Personally Designated for
Quacks, or Pathetic Dilatory Quid?

S.Simon

Cappy....Is a coronado the ring in the toilet bowl?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.
Who spends an hour tuning before every race not just when new sails go on

John Cairns

Coronado is named for the insane Spanish explorer who went wandering through
the American wilderness looking for mythical cities of gold, which of course
he never found, and ended up killing most of the members of the expedition
in the process. Yellow is a very appropriate color for Neal's boat,
reminding one of the mythical gold that crazy Spaniard never found!
John Cairns
wrote:

What's PDQ stand for?

Pretty Darned Queer. Primarily Designed for Queens,
Pretty Darned Questionable, Personally Designated for
Quacks, or Pathetic Dilatory Quid?

S.Simon

Cappy....Is a coronado the ring in the toilet bowl?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.
Who spends an hour tuning before every race not just when new sails go on

Bobsprit

circling, circling, circling,....CHOMP! Why not ? I haven"t read the
book and don't know if Freedom belongs there or not but am curious as
to your reasoning.

Most of the boats in the book are VERY high end. Swan, Shannon, Hinkley and so
on. Nothing even close to a Freedom or Beneteau, which are not even really
semi-custom boats.
The Freedom is solid, but not in that league. Hardly an insult. Not even one of
those nice new Tartans belong in there.

RB
Horvath

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:21:33 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

My Cal 20 is better than your Baltic dream.

You don't HAVE a Cal 20, dumbass.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.

The_navigator©

Bwhahahhahahahahha. The thin veil of credibility slips again.

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:
Jeff's boat...can't remember the name, but they are an excellent builder.

Looked today ( Boat Choices) Wendy Cruising 82 February 9th 04 02:57 PM
NEW Boat Profit Margins Konnie General 19 December 19th 03 04:57 AM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM