Schoonertrash

Default A Day On The River

No sailing. Finished the four hour shift at 8AM and hopped on a crew boat
for a training ride. Went down the river and out to the East to three oil
rigs dropping off some of their crews and picking up a few. Also dropped
off some items and picked up some outgoing mail. The third time I had to do
the approach myself. Twin screws (monel) and twin rudders plus bow
thrusters make it easy. They use monel or sometimes stainless steel because
of the silt in the river. It's like super abrasive sand paper and will wear
out a bronze prop in no time. We had two ways of steering. Hand of
course and that's fun at 25 plus knots. The other is auto pilot of course.
Set the course, allow for drift, sit back with a cup of chicory flavored
cajun mud! Watch the scenery. A new experience especially when we cut out
of the river and through some very, very low areas and out to the Gulf.

For Katy and the other distaff posters. The Captain on the ship tied up
behind us, the USNS Brittin also at 960 feet and 70K tons when fully loaded
.. .is named Michelle.

So . ..in my heart of hearts it was not a great day because of no sailing
but it was a day on the water and that, for the present, was enough. I'll
get some more of that and it looks like some river tug time while I'm
hanging in the area. Because . ..

ANY day on the water is better than the best day on land!

ST

Schoonertrash

sooooooo . . . . . .who drives your boat then?

Simple Simon

Keep telling yourself that, deckhand!

Bwahahahaahahaaahah!

S.Simon - a sailor, a captain and nobody's deck hand.

"Schoonertrash" wrote in message ...
No sailing. Finished the four hour shift at 8AM and hopped on a crew boat

big snip
ANY day on the water is better than the best day on land!

ST

Simple Simon

Nobody drives my boat. Somebody sails my boat.
It is I. Like I said, I'm nobody's deck hand.

S.Simon

"Schoonertrash" wrote in message ...
sooooooo . . . . . .who drives your boat then?

Bobsprit

Neal wrote:

....Nobody drives my boat. Somebody sails my boat.
It is I. Like I said, I'm everybody's dick head.

agreed.

Simple Simon

More with the homosexual thoughts there, Booby?

Maybe you should go play down there in the Village.
I understand you love those 'poppers'.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Neal wrote:

...Nobody drives my boat. Somebody sails my boat.
It is I. Like I said, I'm everybody's dick head.

agreed.

Bobsprit

Capt. Neal wrote:

Maybe you should go play down there in the Village.
I understand you love those 'poppers'. I know my daddy did!

I bet!

Simple Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote
Maybe I should go play down there in the Village.
I love those 'poppers'. I know my daddy did!

I'm going right now.

Rick

Simple Simon wrote:

It is I. Like I said, I'm nobody's deck hand.

Yeah, because you aren't qualified and never will be.

Bwahahahahaha, what a wannabe loser ...

Rick