Bobsprit

Default Captain Neal, You're an authority!!!

It notes that excellent
examples such as mine can sell for much much more.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

I've been offered fifteen grand for mine and I wouldn't part
with her for twice that amount.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RB
Bobsprit

All her fittings and gear are top-notch and almost new as I
constantly upgrade.

Yes! Have a look at Neal's custom built Harken Flexi-Boom system, which is
currently being tested on his 27 before being employed on the America's Cup
boats!

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/boombend.jpg

Bwahahahahaha! Labor of love? BWAHAHAHAHA!

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Then you should jump on this deal! Why you could make a
huge profit.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Check the buc value. For a Coronado 27 in good shape it is
listed in the mid-seven thousand range. It notes that excellent
examples such as mine can sell for much much more.

I've been offered fifteen grand for mine and I wouldn't part
with her for twice that amount. Unlike that fool Bobsprit, I've
spent enough time, money and labor on "Cut the Mustard" to
make her a labor of love and a sailing vessel beyond compare.

All her fittings and gear are top-notch and almost new as I
constantly upgrade. New sails, new running rigging, new standing
rigging, new instruments, new motor, and on and on and on.
Anytime I find something that might need improving I improve
it. Anything that's tried and true I take care of it.

S.Simon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I guess it might be worth $900.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
With Neal as an authority this auction has generated a lot of

interest.
So far, in three
days, it has zero bids. With not reserve, does this mean someone can

get
it for $900?

"JN" wrote in message
.. .
Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tegory=26 433

Simple Simon

I'll leave it to somebody else so they can have a fine
vessel for a low price. It does look like a fixer-upper.

I'd be worried about the overhead in the accommodation.
Is that mold and mildew I see or is that rotten coring
coming through the liner? Also, I've got to wonder why
the bottom was sanded down to the fiberglass. Blisters?
and a quick cover-up job? And what about the regular
draft keel which gives it close to five feet of draft?
I wonder what kind of shape the keel bolts are in?

If somebody who wanted a good project boat on which
he planned to spend about ten grand and if he could get
it for less then two grand it might be worth looking into.

It's in a good location for Scotty to consider upgrading that
Seidellman of his.

[...]

"JN" wrote in message
.. .
Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tegory=26 433

Simple Simon

In case your chubby little fingers can't seem to click on the right link:

Value Explanation — N.A.D.A. has been collecting, analyzing, and publishing used values since 1933. The retail values listed are a guideline for appraisal purposes only. These values should be used strictly as a reference source for valuing used vessels. It is not, and should not be considered absolute. The values are a reflection of the boats condition and popularity. It may be necessary to adjust listed values to meet market conditions in your area. While on line values are similar to other N.A.D.A. published values, these values are intended for retail consumer use.

Low Retail Value — A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat will require cosmetic or mechanical work and may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot.

Average Retail Value — An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer might need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Note: Vessels in exceptional condition can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail Price shown.

The above is from:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/Val...del=1600047587

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
It notes that excellent
examples such as mine can sell for much much more.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

Simple Simon

Booby is so jealous. While he buys boats, fills them with useless
crap and fills the cockpit with ugly pale women who look like
lost souls then sells them at a loss he can't stand the fact some
of us have boats whose value increases constantly because of
expert care and fitting out while actually sailing oceans visiting
foreign countries and having name recognition both at sea and in
port and on the Web all adds value to a fine blue water/coastal
cruiser.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...

I've been offered fifteen grand for mine and I wouldn't part
with her for twice that amount.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RB

Simple Simon

I've said it before and I'll say it again since your
skull is as thick as that layer of adipose tissue around
your midsection, the reinforced boom is stronger than
when new. A bit of a bend hurts NOTHING!

S.Simon

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Neal .... Sailing's 10 percenter Shen44 ASA 1 September 29th 03 03:33 AM
No One Sails Less Than Neal Bobsprit ASA 19 September 22nd 03 10:21 AM
Game: Where In The World Is Captain Neal? Lady Pilot ASA 1 September 4th 03 01:03 AM
Tampa Bay Radio Pirate Is Licensed Captain Boating Safety Comm Volunteers Cruising 14 August 27th 03 10:03 PM