Shen44

Default How long did it take you !

Golly! Really? Drop the fortune cookie and back away.
The same can be said for nearly anything...cars, bikes, women....it's a dumb
point.
Move along.

RB

Only to someone, such as you, too dumb to understand a basic principal.

Shen
Bobsprit

Only to someone, such as you, too dumb to understand a basic principal.

Wow. This is the idiot who's been taking a beating from Neal? Now I see why.
That's quite an advanced point you made there.

RB

Simple Simon

Bull****! If one lives aboard and sails for ten years one
learns all there is to know about his boat.

It is only people like you who suffer from senile dementia
who constantly forget things so when you have to learn them
again you think you're learning something new.

S.Simon - has complete understanding and mastery of
his fine, blue water sailing yacht

"Shen44" wrote in message ...
The day you stop learning what your boat can do or will do, will be the day it
sinks, you die, or sell it.

Shen

Horvath

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:55:46 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

Bull****! If one lives aboard and sails for ten years one
learns all there is to know about his boat.

It is only people like you who suffer from senile dementia
who constantly forget things so when you have to learn them
again you think you're learning something new.

S.Simon - has complete understanding and mastery of
his fine, blue water sailing yacht

You don't even know how a Greek fisherman's hat works.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.
Capt. Mooron

"Horvath" wrote in message

| You don't even know how a Greek fisherman's hat works.

Everyone knows how it works..... it turns the wearer into a goofy object of
ridicule that only vast amounts of cash can silence the crowds to merely
giggle behind the bearer's back.

You'll usually find Greek Fisherman's Cap wearers driving Ferraris that have
a big stickshift for them to hold.

Then again most Hunter sailors can readily be identified by their
breasts....

CM

Bobsprit

Makes me wonder why someone would jump boat to boat every year, and
never really fully understand what he has. Its like starting to read a
book and putting it down half way thru.

Nothing wrong with either way. I had the Catalina 27 for 5 seasons. The Pearson
30 for 3. Perhaps we'll sail the C&C 32 for 2 or 3. I enjoy owning and trying a
variety of boats. I'm also unlikely to keep a car for more than a few years.
Some of the best sailors never own a boat. I make a point of trying as many
different designs as possible. Only in that way can I make anything close to an
informed decision about a long term boat down the road. Just like the 20's and
30's are time for sex with a variety of women, the same sorta goes for boats.
I'm 41 (next month) and not ready to "settle" down with any one boat yet.
There's still too much to learn and no single boat can teach it. I plan to sail
the 34XL for 3-4 years and then I want a Ketch, schooner or Yawl for a while.

Capt RB
Simple Simon

You're no sailor.

Any real sailor develops a relationship with his vessel
as strong or stronger than any family ties.

That you buy, dabble and sell shows you're incapable
of loving a sailboat as you love even yourself.

S.Simon