Joe

Default 3 way to Cuba

My next slip neighbors are heading to Cuba next month.

They say you can go 3 way to Cuba.

1 Stop in s. Florida and pick up a non-usa citizen they can buy
everything you need while visiting. Rumor is many hang around s
Florida just to do it. Is this true Neal?

2. Get a permit from the US Govt. They have been trying for several
months and looks like they might not get it in time. What does the USA
see as a ligit reason to visit? They promote special events.

3. Approch from the South, Destroy all reciepts as soon as you get
them, keep a log of all the food ate while visiting and prove you took
it with you. Hope no one catches you..

How do you go Neal?

They plan on staying a couple of months then heading south to the
Islands, then Spain, ect..... Gonna cruise the rest of thier lives.

Joe
MSV RedCloud
Simple Simon

Joe,

President Bush has recently cracked down even harder
on unauthorized travel to Cuba. Unless one thinks it's
worth paying possible large fines and confiscation of
one's boat it would be wise to avoid travel to Cuba at
this time. Wait until travel restrictions are eased which
should not be too many more years, now.

The safest and best way to sail to Cuba at this time
is as a crew member on a Canadian yacht. Give the
Canadians the money to spend on your food, entertainment,
cigars, gear and anything else you wish to buy. Canadians
are more free than those of us who live in the so-called
'land of the free' ha!

Hey, Mooron here is a great money-making opportunity
for you. But, I don't suppose a boat on the hard for
the winter is going to be making any trips any time soon.

So sad . . .

S.Simon

"Joe" wrote in message om...
[...]

Capt. Mooron

My buddy is buying a Nordica 30 in your area soon. I'll have full use of it
when I want. He's thinking of sailing it to the Bahamas for the winter after
he buys it in December. Maybe he could be talked into a trip to Cuba. He's
registering it as a Canadian vessel.

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Joe,
|
| President Bush has recently cracked down even harder
| on unauthorized travel to Cuba. Unless one thinks it's
| worth paying possible large fines and confiscation of
| one's boat it would be wise to avoid travel to Cuba at
| this time. Wait until travel restrictions are eased which
| should not be too many more years, now.
|
| The safest and best way to sail to Cuba at this time
| is as a crew member on a Canadian yacht. Give the
| Canadians the money to spend on your food, entertainment,
| cigars, gear and anything else you wish to buy. Canadians
| are more free than those of us who live in the so-called
| 'land of the free' ha!
|
| Hey, Mooron here is a great money-making opportunity
| for you. But, I don't suppose a boat on the hard for
| the winter is going to be making any trips any time soon.
|
| So sad . . .
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Joe" wrote in message
om...
| My next slip neighbors are heading to Cuba next month.
|
| They say you can go 3 way to Cuba.
|
| 1 Stop in s. Florida and pick up a non-usa citizen they can buy
| everything you need while visiting. Rumor is many hang around s
| Florida just to do it. Is this true Neal?
|
| 2. Get a permit from the US Govt. They have been trying for several
| months and looks like they might not get it in time. What does the USA
| see as a ligit reason to visit? They promote special events.
|
| 3. Approch from the South, Destroy all reciepts as soon as you get
| them, keep a log of all the food ate while visiting and prove you took
| it with you. Hope no one catches you..
|
| How do you go Neal?
|
| They plan on staying a couple of months then heading south to the
| Islands, then Spain, ect..... Gonna cruise the rest of thier lives.
|
| Joe
| MSV RedCloud

Bobsprit

My buddy is buying a Nordica 30 in your area soon. I'll have full use of it
when I want.

Great...two slow boats to China.

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| My buddy is buying a Nordica 30 in your area soon. I'll have full use of
it
| when I want.
|
| Great...two slow boats to China.

Either one of them would blow the hatches off that fin keeled harbour bus
your wife owns.

CM

Bobsprit

| Great...two slow boats to China.

Either one of them would blow the hatches off that fin keeled harbour bus
your wife owns.

The only thing that would slow that Nordic down more would be WHEELS!

Bwhahahahaha!

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Great...two slow boats to China.
|
| Either one of them would blow the hatches off that fin keeled harbour bus
| your wife owns.
|
| The only thing that would slow that Nordic down more would be WHEELS!

Alien's only claim to fame is it displays all the performance
characteristics of sailing like it has a bucket nailed to it's keel.

CM

Joe

"Simple Simon" wrote in message ...
Joe,

President Bush has recently cracked down even harder
on unauthorized travel to Cuba. Unless one thinks it's
worth paying possible large fines and confiscation of
one's boat it would be wise to avoid travel to Cuba at
this time. Wait until travel restrictions are eased which
should not be too many more years, now.

Lots of people getting stopped? Where? How?

The safest and best way to sail to Cuba at this time
is as a crew member on a Canadian yacht.

Bringing a Canook or Brit along will not work ?

Can you visit and not spend money?

Thanks, just passing the info along.

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message om...
[...]

Brian McAloon

I had heard the best way to go to Cuba is with the annual Key West to Cuba
race which I believe happens in the spring every year. 100% legal since it
is covered under the law as a cultural exchange.
[...]

om...