The_navigator©

Default It Sank!!!!

It could happen easily if the wrong lines are used and they are slack.
The snatch loads are huge if nylon is not used.

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

That sounds bad. Did the owner tie her up correctly?

No one knows what happened. One of the boat's cleats was found on the dock,
ripped right out of the boat. Another cleat was found at the end of the line
hanging in the water.
Shouldn't happen, but then it was a terrible night and several boats took
damage. I drove over at 2:00 am to add lines to Alien, but never saw the
Beneteau in trouble.

RB

Bobsprit

Are you saying the ship's cleat pulled out of the deck? Were they glued on?

Yes. They were bolted on, but ripped out.

RB
katysails

Default It Sank!!!! - Bobsprit is right this time

I'm astonished that either of you could survive here for more than a =
couple
of weeks.

You know how they say that if there's a nuclear event, only flies and =
cockroaches will live through it? Which one is the fly and which one is =
the cockroach?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
There is, but the model number is printed on the side of the boat in 18"
high numbers. If you've ever seen the boat, yo should be able to remenber
the numbers.

The boat is not a resident of the club. It came for storage. I was only

told
what it was, as I only saw from the mast up!

Backing off already?? Very wise!

Please wait for the pics before you sink deeper!

I'm waiting. Leseeee .... I'll remind you in a week.

You are such a fraud. I'd feel embarrassed for you if I didn't take such
pleasure from your discomfort.

F37?? Bwahahahaha!

Regards

Donal - A 5' giant amongst men!

Bobsprit

The boat is not a resident of the club. It came for storage. I was only
told
what it was, as I only saw from the mast up!

Backing off already?? Very wise!

As I said, you'll have pics of her shortly. I doubt the people who own her
didn't know what make she was!

RB
SkitchNYC

Are you saying the ship's cleat pulled out of the deck? Were they glued
on?

Yes. They were bolted on, but ripped out.

probably when it sank. the same thing would happen to a C&C.
Bobsprit

probably when it sank. the same thing would happen to a C&C

You may be right. They raised her yesterday and I heard a rumor that it was a
raw water connection. I'll know more on Monday.
Test sailing the C&C 34xl today!

RB