Jonathan Ganz

Default Photo Contest - identify this beach

And you don't have any brain...

I'm still waiting to know if you really don't think I have a boat.

Come on Horass. We all make mistakes. Why not fess up.
It'll do you good. Of course, a diet will do you better....

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:37:27 GMT, "jlrogers" wrote
this crap:

It's like Oahu, Hawaii. Look off in the distance.

Hawaii doesn't have any white sand.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Simple Simon

Not even close!

"jlrogers" wrote in message ...
It's like Oahu, Hawaii. Look off in the distance.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Can anybody here guess where this beach is? What is the name
of the island upon which it is found.

Anyone getting it right wins a case of their favorite brew. (beer)

I don't think I have to worry about shelling out for a case of beer
because nobody here ever sails to nice tropical settings like this.

http://www.homestead.com/captneal/fi...sterybeach.jpg

S.Simon - knows where the good beaches are

Thom Stewart

Hey Simple,

Stop pulling our chain! that isn't a tropical beach at all. It looks
like a higher Latitude than the tropics. I'd say in the forties, maybe
high thirties.
Looking at the foliage makes me think of the Northwest but could be East
coast. The Tide line suggest mid-Atfanitic to lower New England.

The lack of surf and mountains kind of rules out the west coast.

Looking at the horizion, the picture also suggest it is located inside a
large bay, cut off from the Ocean by low headlands.
If I had to hazzard a guess, I'd say inside the area of the outer banks.

A pretty beach, The yellow sands also suggests mid-Atlantic.

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

Nobody's gonna get it so I'll tell. It was taken on the oceanside
of Great Guana Cay in the Abacos in the Bahamas The beach
shown is about a half mile south of Nippers bar. The outlying
reefs pretty much knock out any surf unless there's a 'cane out
east.

Jeff was only about 30 miles off with his guess. I'm beginning to
think Jeff is more of a sailor than I had given him credit for.

Adjust the color on your monitor. The sands are pink coral -
not yellow.

S.Simon - a beach bum at heart

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Hey Simple,

Stop pulling our chain! that isn't a tropical beach at all. It looks
like a higher Latitude than the tropics. I'd say in the forties, maybe
high thirties.
Looking at the foliage makes me think of the Northwest but could be East
coast. The Tide line suggest mid-Atfanitic to lower New England.

The lack of surf and mountains kind of rules out the west coast.

Looking at the horizion, the picture also suggest it is located inside a
large bay, cut off from the Ocean by low headlands.
If I had to hazzard a guess, I'd say inside the area of the outer banks.

A pretty beach, The yellow sands also suggests mid-Atlantic.

Ole Thom

Scott Vernon

We all knew long ago.

"Simple Simon" wrote

I'm beginning to
think Jeff is more of a sailor than I .

Martin Baxter

Simple Simon wrote:

Jeff is more of a sailor than I had given him credit for.

See that Jeff? Even Simple can get something right now and again!

Cheers
Marty

Donal

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
I must be doing something wrong. All I ever aspired to be is just another

Putz.

Don't be so modest!

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
| I must be doing something wrong. All I ever aspired to be is just another
Putz.

So tell us Jeff... what ever does one do after reaching their pinnacle of
achievement? :-P

CM

Horvath

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:48:06 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

Nobody's gonna get it so I'll tell. It was taken on the oceanside
of Great Guana Cay in the Abacos in the Bahamas The beach
shown is about a half mile south of Nippers bar. The outlying
reefs pretty much knock out any surf unless there's a 'cane out
east.

Jeff was only about 30 miles off with his guess. I'm beginning to
think Jeff is more of a sailor than I had given him credit for.

Adjust the color on your monitor. The sands are pink coral -
not yellow.

It does look pink, but I just thought you were using a cheap camera.
There's not much tropical foliage in the pic, so I thought it was
further north.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe