RichH

Default Bukh diesel stops

An engine that runs fine at start-up and with a no-load idle .... and
then stalls when load (putting it in gear) is applied is a classic
symptom of a blown head gasket. When was the last time your torqued
down the cylinder head?

Rob wrote:
Help my Bukh engine stalls when manoeuvring.
My 20 hp Bukh runs like a sewing machine until it is warm and I put
the throttle in neutral. It simply stops most of the time.
I have installed an electric pump near the tank so the system is
permanently filled with diesel.
I have checked the valve clearance, I have renewed the atomisers,
I have checked the filters for dirt or water.
After the engine stops it will start again quite easily.
I have checked the stopvalve.
Who knows the reason?

Brian Smith

Have you checked if there is a screen on the fuel line tube in your fuel
tank? We have removed ours (bukh engine) due to history of fuel restriction
resulting from deterioration and clogging. Also added an additional fuel
filter to compensate for the change but a lot easier to change being
external.

Two cylinder's have a history of not having sufficient cooling to the front
cylinder. This has a set of results all it's own, including possible cracked
head - been there done that!

Good luck.

Brian
C&C 34 Trouper (2000 hours on the Bukh)

Rob wrote:
Help my Bukh engine stalls when manoeuvring.
My 20 hp Bukh runs like a sewing machine until it is warm and I put
the throttle in neutral. It simply stops most of the time.
I have installed an electric pump near the tank so the system is
permanently filled with diesel.
I have checked the valve clearance, I have renewed the atomisers,
I have checked the filters for dirt or water.
After the engine stops it will start again quite easily.
I have checked the stopvalve.
Who knows the reason?

Martin Sorensen[2840]

"Rob" wrote in message
m...
Help my Bukh engine stalls when manoeuvring.

If you don't have any luck here, try news:dk.fritid.sejlads

There is likely to be a higher concentration of Bukh-owners, and they will
probably answer in English.

/Martin

Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Bukh diesel stops Rob Cruising 11 September 29th 03 10:34 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM