Nanci Donacki

Default Storm victims Reports

Wull, I have to agree with you about the floating docks. We always keep
ours at a floating dock, and I wouldn't be anyplace else. Fewer worries
during storms.
-ned
"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
Ringmaster made out fine at the floating marina in Baltimore. I was

down
there at 1:30 AM Friday morning at what I thought would be the height of

the
winds and tides. The docks had about 4 feet to go before they would go

"over
the top" A friend called me Friday afternoon when the storm was gone to

tell
me the surge had grown more. The docks got within 10"-12" from going

"over
the top" I sailed the boat back to it's home marina today. The place had

been
under water Thursday night but there didn't seem to be any damaged boats.

still think it was a good move going to a floating marina.
Best news was that the power was back on when I got home.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Scott Vernon

Glad to hear your boat's OK. When you sailed home, did you encounter much
debris? I keep hearing it will be tuff to sail the Bay for a week or two due
to floating debris.

Scotty

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
[...]

Simple Simon

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
Glad to hear your boat's OK. When you sailed home, did you encounter much
debris? I keep hearing it will be tuff to sail the Bay for a week or two due
to floating debris.

Bobsprit's sailing in the Bay????

Bobsprit

I keep hearing it will be tuff to sail the Bay for a week or two due
to floating debris.

Luck you don't sail!

RB
Scott Vernon

The word 'bobspit' followed by 'sailing' is a grammatical error of the
highest caliber. Shame on you Cappy!

Scotty

"Simple Simon" wrote

Bobsprit's sailing in the Bay????

SAIL LOCO

Glad to hear your boat's OK. When you sailed home, did you encounter much
debris? I keep hearing it will be tuff to sail the Bay for a week or two due
to floating debris.

Not really. I started to see lots of wood floating when I got outside the Key
Bridge. I was expecting to see refrigerators after hearing people talk on the
news. I saw more trash on Tuesday on the ride up than I saw yesterday.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Nanci Donacki

Actually, we didn't sail home - we keep the boat in Fell's Point. But there
is still a lot of debris in the Patapsco - large chunks of wood probably
from docks.
I did see a few of the Army Corps of Engineers cleaning crews out on the
waters, picking stuff up. But even with that, we stil saw more stuff today.
Really need to be careful while sailing around.
Yeah, we went for a sail today, simply because it was so quiet on the
water - very few boats out.
-ned

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
[...]

Thom Stewart

?????

has anyone heard from;

Seahag

Doug King?

Not sure if I should snd you congradulations or comdolences Scout?

OT

Thom Stewart

Good show, Nanci!

OT

Storm jib? Stephen Trapani Cruising 8 May 11th 04 05:10 AM
Anyone using Sponsons? Tim Ingram General 12 February 28th 04 11:11 PM
Anyone using Sponsons? Brian Nystrom Touring 13 February 28th 04 11:11 PM
what to do in a swamped boat in a storm? pb General 9 August 14th 03 05:33 AM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM