Stefan

Default Stopping cross-posts

Tee wrote in
:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:25:29 +0100, Stefan wrote:

While I normally restrict myself to strictly sailing topics, I thought
some of the inhabitants of this NG would find the following useful if
they plan to remain here.

For reasons that will be painfully obvious, I have decided to block the
squatters who have decided to bombard us with their cross-posts.
Although I've used Outlook Express quite happily for the last couple of
years, I've been unable to get the cross-posting kill-function which
purports to exist to actually work.

Having now downloaded and tried 3 different free Windows-compatible
newsgroups readers, I can report that the one that has worked best for
me is Gravity from http://lightning.prohosting.com/
~tbates/gravity/download.html

From a brief acquitance, it seems a well-thought-out package, with help
files (which is nice). It is possible to block incoming cross-posted
messages, and while I was at it I have also blocked our resident troll.

I also tried xnews, but couldn't stand the idiosyncratic interface. Also
Pan, but could not figure out how to block cross-posts with reading the
manual - which has not been written yet.

Having used Forte Agent for several years now I can only say I am very
pleased with it. It gas good blocking functions, however I still did
not find a way to stop the responses on blocked postings. That is,
without blocking the responders as well.

So, to all that respond to off topic post, trolls and other stuff that
does not belong he Please stop it, or risk being plonked too.
Don't feed the trolls!

But we're hungry!

Bertei
Bertie the Bunyip

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in
:

NO ... YOU'RE DELUSIONAL

You think? Actually, I rathe think that it was you who was delusional.

You took on the Bunyip.

and I'm only just getting started.

If you want more info just try asking Djikrie.

Or even better, Ralphie. I think they have visiting hours at the place he's
been commited to, but no computer access so it'll have to be in person.

BTW, I seem to still be here. No netkkkopping yet?

I'm disappointed.

BTW, do try and make the letter interesting. I save them, you know.

Bertie

But we're hungry!

| Bertei

jeb the 6 toed hick

Stefan wrote:

Tee wrote in
:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:25:29 +0100, Stefan wrote:

While I normally restrict myself to strictly sailing topics, I thought
some of the inhabitants of this NG would find the following useful if
they plan to remain here.

For reasons that will be painfully obvious, I have decided to block the
squatters who have decided to bombard us with their cross-posts.
Although I've used Outlook Express quite happily for the last couple of
years, I've been unable to get the cross-posting kill-function which
purports to exist to actually work.

Having now downloaded and tried 3 different free Windows-compatible
newsgroups readers, I can report that the one that has worked best for
me is Gravity from http://lightning.prohosting.com/
~tbates/gravity/download.html

From a brief acquitance, it seems a well-thought-out package, with help
files (which is nice). It is possible to block incoming cross-posted
messages, and while I was at it I have also blocked our resident troll.

I also tried xnews, but couldn't stand the idiosyncratic interface. Also
Pan, but could not figure out how to block cross-posts with reading the
manual - which has not been written yet.

Having used Forte Agent for several years now I can only say I am very
pleased with it. It gas good blocking functions, however I still did
not find a way to stop the responses on blocked postings. That is,
without blocking the responders as well.

So, to all that respond to off topic post, trolls and other stuff that
does not belong he Please stop it, or risk being plonked too.
Don't feed the trolls!

But we're hungry!

Bertei

we own you now, monkey boy...
Bertie the Bunyip

jeb the 6 toed hick wrote in

Stefan wrote:

Tee wrote in
:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:25:29 +0100, Stefan wrote:

While I normally restrict myself to strictly sailing topics, I
thought some of the inhabitants of this NG would find the following
useful if they plan to remain here.

For reasons that will be painfully obvious, I have decided to block
the squatters who have decided to bombard us with their cross-posts.
Although I've used Outlook Express quite happily for the last couple
of years, I've been unable to get the cross-posting kill-function
which purports to exist to actually work.

Having now downloaded and tried 3 different free Windows-compatible
newsgroups readers, I can report that the one that has worked best
for me is Gravity from http://lightning.prohosting.com/
~tbates/gravity/download.html

From a brief acquitance, it seems a well-thought-out package, with
help files (which is nice). It is possible to block incoming
cross-posted messages, and while I was at it I have also blocked our
resident troll.

I also tried xnews, but couldn't stand the idiosyncratic interface.
Also Pan, but could not figure out how to block cross-posts with
reading the manual - which has not been written yet.

Having used Forte Agent for several years now I can only say I am
very pleased with it. It gas good blocking functions, however I
still did not find a way to stop the responses on blocked postings.
That is, without blocking the responders as well.

So, to all that respond to off topic post, trolls and other stuff
that does not belong he Please stop it, or risk being plonked
too. Don't feed the trolls!

But we're hungry!

Bertei

we own you now, monkey boy...

Oh no! It was just a matter of time,. I suppose.

Can i at least have weekends in the village?

Bertie
Le perv du Snuh

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:28:38 GMT one of my loyal followers Stefan
wrote the following in alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk:

: Tee wrote in
: :
:
[...]
: From a brief acquitance, it seems a well-thought-out package, with help
[...]

Yeah, I need a sausage.

--
Teh snuhperv home:
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~snuhperv/

alt.bad.clams
alt.snuhperv
alt.soc.religion.snuhperv

begin
Hi, I'm a signature virus. Copy me! Look here why:
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q265/2/30.ASP
end