Norma Jean Little

Default Vessel Detectors - Radar Cross section

Can you double your radar cross section (RCS) by installing 2 radar
reflectors?

Chuck Bollinger

Norma Jean Little wrote:
Can you double your radar cross section (RCS) by installing 2 radar
reflectors?

You cannot make yourself a bigger target, as in 'wider', but I should think that
using two reflectors, fore and aft or port and starboard - separated - would
increase the strength of the signal you reflect.

Depending on the way the receiver is configured, the display 'blip' might appear
larger, but only slightly. More importantly, an increase in reflected signal
strength tends to increase your target's persistence on the screen.

Brian Whatcott

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:48:14 -0400, Norma Jean Little
wrote:

Can you double your radar cross section (RCS) by installing 2 radar
reflectors?

It's about additive.
If your bare pole c/s is one and the reflector c/s is also one
then the first boosts you from one to two, the second boosts you from
two to three.

Brian W Altus OK
Larry W4CSC

wrote:

Can you double your radar cross section (RCS) by installing 2 radar
reflectors?

Yes. The bigger the better.

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.
Brian Whatcott

Default Answering NG Questions

I use Free Agent.
It keeps a long history of threads in each group.
So fresh posts are easy to lose.
Today I saw a question about caulking lights in alloy frames.
But I had stepped on.
So I scanned back.
Couldn't see it from the subject, so I gave up.
Descriptive subject lines are helpful.

Brian W

TomT

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I use Free Agent.
It keeps a long history of threads in each group.

See Group / Default Properties / What to Purge to cut the history down
if you want to.

So fresh posts are easy to lose.

Sort them by date - - - or can't you in the free version?

Today I saw a question about caulking lights in alloy frames.
But I had stepped on.
So I scanned back.
Couldn't see it from the subject, so I gave up.
Descriptive subject lines are helpful.

Agreed!

TomT
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes TomT wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I use Free Agent.
It keeps a long history of threads in each group.
So fresh posts are easy to lose.

Sort them by date - - - or can't you in the free version?

Today I saw a question about caulking lights in alloy frames.
But I had stepped on.
So I scanned back.
Couldn't see it from the subject, so I gave up.
Descriptive subject lines are helpful.

Agreed!

Note: I use Agent and not Free Agent - I think Agent is worth the
piddling amount of money that it would take to upgrade.

I try to delete the posts as, or shortly after I read them unless
there is useful information that I may want to keep. If I want to
keep something I put a Keep on it (which puts a little symbol like a
padlock). Then periodically I delete everything else.

I must confess I am egocentric enough that I put an automatic Watch on
those threads where I've posted something, so that in active groups I
can go see if someone has answered me.

The real problem for me is when someone uses a thread title that is
the same as some previous thread on a post that I've kept.

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/
TomT

x-no-archive:yes
Rosalie B. wrote:

Note: I use Agent and not Free Agent - I think Agent is worth the
piddling amount of money that it would take to upgrade.

Rosalie - I assume you were replying to Brian. In any case, I agree.

Since I've got your attention for a moment, let me thank you for your
informative posts. It's obvious you're often really "out there".

TomT
Brian Whatcott

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:27:49 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

/// I use Agent and not Free Agent - I think Agent is worth the
piddling amount of money that it would take to upgrade.

///

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/

Hi Rosalie,
as you surmised, the 'sort by date' option is disabled in Free Agent.

I enjoy the facility of referring back over a long thread, and that
dissuades me from wholesale deletions - until the NG gets unwieldy.

Brian W