Capt. Mooron

Default Some old photos scanned & posted

My P4 2.5 Gig is well into the 3 gig range on performance tests...
overclocked with a 300Mhz frontside bus and a gig of ram.
I'm running XP Pro O/S

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
| This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Pentium 4 what?
| Toshiba P3 is a dinosaur.. what is it a 600
| G4... the G5 rocks.
|
| Toshiba P3 is new...it's a tablette notebook, dummy! The G5 is crashing
| Final
| Cut Pro, so we can't use the bloody thing yet. We'll get one the moment
| it's up
| and running.
| Pentium 4 2.8 from HP (Pavilion) and still in the bloody box. I'll set
it
| up
| next week.
|
| RB

Simple Simon

Like you really need all that speed just to connect to a 33k dialup. Duh!

S.Simon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
My P4 2.5 Gig is well into the 3 gig range on performance tests...
overclocked with a 300Mhz frontside bus and a gig of ram.
I'm running XP Pro O/S

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
| This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Pentium 4 what?
| Toshiba P3 is a dinosaur.. what is it a 600
| G4... the G5 rocks.
|
| Toshiba P3 is new...it's a tablette notebook, dummy! The G5 is crashing
| Final
| Cut Pro, so we can't use the bloody thing yet. We'll get one the moment
| it's up
| and running.
| Pentium 4 2.8 from HP (Pavilion) and still in the bloody box. I'll set
it
| up
| next week.
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

Try again... 3046 kbs.

I bet your cell phone has a circular dialer.....

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Like you really need all that speed just to connect to a 33k dialup. Duh!
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| My P4 2.5 Gig is well into the 3 gig range on performance tests...
| overclocked with a 300Mhz frontside bus and a gig of ram.
| I'm running XP Pro O/S
|
| CM
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
| | This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Pentium 4 what?
| | Toshiba P3 is a dinosaur.. what is it a 600
| | G4... the G5 rocks.
| |
| | Toshiba P3 is new...it's a tablette notebook, dummy! The G5 is
crashing
| | Final
| | Cut Pro, so we can't use the bloody thing yet. We'll get one the
moment
| | it's up
| | and running.
| | Pentium 4 2.8 from HP (Pavilion) and still in the bloody box. I'll
set
| it
| | up
| | next week.
| |
| | RB
| |
| |

Jonathan Ganz

Darn, ok. Well, you win.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.

I flip my machines every 24 months or so, buying mid-pack stuff in most

cases.
Wasn't trying to win, just show Neal he's well behind.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

XP isn't bad, but it still crashes more than I'd like.
The servers are all Unix-based systems.

I had limited time when I picked out the motherboard,
and the Gigahertz was on sale. In retrospect, I should
have gotten the Intel.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
My P4 2.5 Gig is well into the 3 gig range on performance tests...
overclocked with a 300Mhz frontside bus and a gig of ram.
I'm running XP Pro O/S

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
| This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Pentium 4 what?
| Toshiba P3 is a dinosaur.. what is it a 600
| G4... the G5 rocks.
|
| Toshiba P3 is new...it's a tablette notebook, dummy! The G5 is

crashing
| Final
| Cut Pro, so we can't use the bloody thing yet. We'll get one the

moment
| it's up
| and running.
| Pentium 4 2.8 from HP (Pavilion) and still in the bloody box. I'll set
it
| up
| next week.
|
| RB

Jonathan Ganz

You don't??

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Like you really need all that speed just to connect to a 33k dialup. Duh!

S.Simon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

My P4 2.5 Gig is well into the 3 gig range on performance tests...
overclocked with a 300Mhz frontside bus and a gig of ram.
I'm running XP Pro O/S

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You both lose. I'm running a PIV 3.06 gig. with 2x200 gig harddisks.
| This is my "small" machine, WinTel that it is.
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Pentium 4 what?
| Toshiba P3 is a dinosaur.. what is it a 600
| G4... the G5 rocks.
|
| Toshiba P3 is new...it's a tablette notebook, dummy! The G5 is

crashing
| Final
| Cut Pro, so we can't use the bloody thing yet. We'll get one the

moment
| it's up
| and running.
| Pentium 4 2.8 from HP (Pavilion) and still in the bloody box. I'll

set
it
| up
| next week.
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| XP isn't bad, but it still crashes more than I'd like.
| The servers are all Unix-based systems.

What are you talkin' about.... I've yet to crash any of my XP Pro O/Ss.
None, Nada, Zip.... The only time I've seen it crash was on my buddy's way
overclocked system... even then it shut down and restarted on it's own with
no prompt. It's bar none the easiest and most stable platform in the
Microsoft lineup. You guys really need to get out of the stoneage.

If there was another O/S out there that had the ability to run as many
commercially available programs and applications... I'd buy and try. So far
these alternate O/S developers have been trying attacking this problem ass
backwards. Like buying a wagon and hoping a horse will back into the
harness.

Don't hate Bill because he's rich and has you by the short and curlies...

CM

Jonathan Ganz

I'm talking about doing more on it than connecting to the
internet. I'm pretty hard on systems. Never seen a system
I couldn't crash.

But, you're right. It's the most stable so far as far as M****
goes.