Simple Simon

Default Inexpensive sails - Ole Thom.

Anybody have any experience with buying sails from
www.thesailwarehouse.com

It seems they have very reasonable prices for new sails.

I can get a new mainsail and working jib for my Coronado
27 for $1170 and not have to pay sales tax.

Product Code CategorySail
CM27.0S Main $575.00
CH27.16HP Headsails110% $595.00

Pre-shipping Grand Total = $ 1170.00
Grand Total: $ 1170.00

What do you think?

S.Simon

Simple Simon

Old Thom does not reply because he's

1) in a drunken stupor
2) soooo embarrassed because he paid more for a mainsail alone than I
can get a set of working sails for
3) watching brain-dead television programs on his web TV box
4) too upset to get on the Internet because his fancy, wing keel fell off
5) wandering around wondering where he is because of senile dementia

S.Simon

"Simple Simon" wrote in message ...
Anybody have any experience with buying sails from
www.thesailwarehouse.com

It seems they have very reasonable prices for new sails.

I can get a new mainsail and working jib for my Coronado
27 for $1170 and not have to pay sales tax.

Product Code CategorySail
CM27.0S Main $575.00
CH27.16HP Headsails110% $595.00

Pre-shipping Grand Total = $ 1170.00
Grand Total: $ 1170.00

What do you think?

S.Simon

Peter J Ross

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:56:05 -0400, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Simple Simon:

Old Thom does not reply because he's

1) in a drunken stupor
2) soooo embarrassed because he paid more for a mainsail alone than I
can get a set of working sails for
3) watching brain-dead television programs on his web TV box
4) too upset to get on the Internet because his fancy, wing keel fell off
5) wandering around wondering where he is because of senile dementia

S.Simon

The other possiblility - that he's gone sailing - is unthinkable. This
is ASA, after all.

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
Thom Stewart

Simple,

Sorry I'm slow in responding but ole Buddy. Remember this is Labor day
week-end and by golly I'm finally sailing again.

A lot of catching up to do. This is Pitch Regatta Week-end and though I
didn't have time to prepare my boat for racing I am not going to miss
being a spectator!

Neal, I was thinking of you the other day.
I made another concession to age. I set the 150% up in the furler. It
was at the slip but the ole Man wasn't steady at all going forward. I've
run a semi- permanent safety line system from the mast to the bow
pulpit. I thought to myself, "Neal will give me **** about this." but
then I thought maybe I should tell him about it, so that maybe he can
start thinking about doing the same thing. He spends more time on the
pointy end than I do.

They work pretty well. If you want to talk about them let me know.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

Actually, that IS more or less how a proper sail gets made.

Really? I know Mark at Doyle as well as Dylan who was over at UK. Most people
just order their sails. A visit to a boat with known specs and existing
templates can be made at the owner's request, but usually isn't.
Billy Jane, are you living anywhere close to the edge of reality? Do you just
make crap up? Aren't you ashamed to constantly type stuff that just isn't true?
Now, really...do you thing North, Doyl and UK are visiting all of those C&C
27s, O'days, Catalinas and hunters? You know some people who had the sailmaker
visit their toys so you think it's the rule. Grow up, dummy!

RB

Simple Simon

Thanks Thom,

Maybe when I get about twenty years older (about your age)
I'll consider wind-ups. As for now, I enjoy using a variety of
hank-ons to get the max efficiency out of my rig. Changing
and reefing is as much a part of sailing as trimming. You have
a good reason to go to wind-ups but younger, wannabe sailors
like Bobsprit, for instance, have no excuse other than laziness,
sloth and ignorance as the reason they use wind-ups. They're
missing so much and don't even realize it. At least you can say,
"Been there done that!" all Booby and his like can say is "Duh!"

I can tell you've been sailing. You're no longer the cranky grouch
you become when forced to remain ashore.

Keep sailing -- I'll drink to THAT!

S.Simon

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bobsprit

They're
missing so much and don't even realize it. At least you can say,
"Been there done that!" all Booby and his like can say is "Duh!"

Yeah...the J24 I'm sailing this week Thursday probably has furling!

Bwahahaha!

RB
Simple Simon

J/24's usually carry a four-man crew when racing.

Are you gonna get an exemption to allow only a two-man
crew so the boat isn't handicapped with 300 pounds too
much weight?

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
They're
missing so much and don't even realize it. At least you can say,
"Been there done that!" all Booby and his like can say is "Duh!"

Yeah...the J24 I'm sailing this week Thursday probably has furling!

Bwahahaha!

RB

Thom Stewart

Yeah Neal,

My age is showing. Last night was "Party Nite" at the Club, Award Nite
for the Pitch Ragatta. Today is Get Away day for visiting sailors.

I had my 2 Manhattens. brought a round for my Crew and came home even
before the party got a glow on. I did leave my crew there ( Female) but
I came home.

My daughter left early also. She is Hot Air Balloning today. They have a
perfect day for it!

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

Sounds like you've got it made. Even left the girls and
went home for some peace and quiet without any nagging.

You go old boy! How old is your daughter? Is she pretty?
Is she married? Can she cook? Can she hold her liquor?

S.Simon - a Captain who is serious about sailing

P.S. found some even better prices for sails that have
better features for less money. See my post elsewhere.
Honk Kong Sails is the maker.