Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Donal

Default Thimbles trip

Well, I must admit that I am puzzled by the whole thing. I do not believe
that the trip report was written by someone who had just skippered his first
40 mile trip. The language is all wrong! For example, he mentioned the
weather forecast - and yet did not mention the forecasted wind speed - only
that there were some storms in the area.

His "Dinner Stop" makes no sense at all! He admits that they sailed a good
distance from the shore (presumably, because it is easier). I'd guess that
they must have been about 3 miles out?? So, they must have headed in to the
shore, then dropped the anchor and then sailed back out into deep water.
This would have added at least 2 hours onto the trip! Later they arrived
at a strange port at 2am. Why would any sane person do such a thing??

Unfortunately, I don't know the area at all. I don't know the tides or the
shape of the coastline - so I don't know the correct questions to ask.

It can be very difficult to get the truth out of Bobsprit. I tried but, on
this occasion, as always, I have failed.

There is only one definite conclusion that I can make. Bob didn't skipper
a boat to the Thimbles last weekend.

Regards

Donal