Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bertie the Bunyip

Default Asatru "End-times"?

Nik wrote in
:

On 27 Aug 2003 07:04:15 GMT, (MrGoodSalt) wrote:

(MrGoodSalt) wrote:
it looks like we are in the end-times now.

chris
wrote:
"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that
the

world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are
common. Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to
write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching."
-- From an Assyrian tablet of about 2800 B.C.E.

What this sounds like to me is the typical process of national
self-destruction. People maintain their virtue and discipline and the
result is prosperity and security. Then they start taking it for
granted, get sloppy, disintegrate into non-virtue/non-disciplne and
society goes down the tubes.

BTW, speaking of ancient texts, you might find the following
interesting:

ANCIENT TEXTS RELATING TO THE OLD TESTAMENT*

Major representative examples of ancient near Eastern non-Biblical
documents that provide parallels to or shed light on various OT
passages.

EBLA TABLETS - Sumerian, Eblaite. Mid-3rd millennium B.C. Thousands of
commercial, legal, literary and epistolary texts describe the cultural
vitality and political power of a pre-patriarchal civilization in
northern Syria.

KING LISTS - Sumerian. Late 3rd millennium B.C. The reigns of Sumerian
kings before the flood are described as lasting for thousands of
years, reminding us of the longevity of the preflood patriarchs in Gen
5.

ATRAHASIS EPIC - Akkadian. Early 2nd millennium B.C. A cosmological
epic depicts creation and early human history, including the flood
(cf. Gen1-9).

Ahh...so you believe in Noah's Ark and a great flood that covered all
the earth and the tallest mountains to a minimum depth of 15 cubits
then?

Tell me, where did the water come from and where did it go afterwards?

Oh brother. He believes in some jagoff with a giant sears hammer, but noah
is beyond his ken.

Bertie

OT--More NY Times bias NOYB General 68 July 26th 04 02:32 PM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM