Scout

Default Size matters!

that's kinda funny on two levels
--
Scout
"Knowing the storm is coming only makes me more nervous."

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
a lack of depth?

Cheers MC

katysails wrote:
No, but you're _incredibly_ close - it was Prometheus!
How did you know? : )

I closed one eye and I saw....

Simple Simon

You're stupid! Do you know what the surface temperature on
Venus is? It's hot enough to melt lead - almost 500 degrees C.
It would take a million years to cool the planet down enough
to make it liveable even if something could be done with the
atmosphere.

Terraforming is out of the question unless we had the technology
to move the planet out of orbit to the area of the asteroid belt
to let it cool down for several thousand years.

S.Simon

"The_navigator©" wrote in message ...
Not sure about that or else.

Cheers MC

katysails wrote:

Venus is covered with clouds.

Venus could be terraformed and an atmosphere could be created from the one she already has. Albeit, we don't have the

technology to pull it off yet. But we will. Much better than living in plasto-enviro units on Mars where even if there is
water under the surface, it would not be sufficient to create a breathable atmosphere.

Horvath

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:54:36 +0100, "Donal"
wrote this crap:

I _am_ an Irish Rover!!!!

What kind of idiot would admit to that?

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Donal

wrote this crap:

I _am_ an Irish Rover!!!!

What kind of idiot would admit to that?

Horvath, that is why I think that you are the funniest poster here! 10/10.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
No never no more...

.... and it's noooo, nay, never .....

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

I prefer looking at Uranus.

Scotty

"katysails" wrote ...
I prefer looking at Venus.

Capt. Mooron

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Horvath" wrote in message
| On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:54:36 +0100, "Donal"
| wrote this crap:
|
| I _am_ an Irish Rover!!!!
|
| What kind of idiot would admit to that?
|
| Horvath, that is why I think that you are the funniest poster here!
10/10.

It's got nuthin' on his 10 commandments post!!!!

CM

katysails

I got drunk with the Irish Rovers at Dick Turpins Pub in Halifax
years ago.

Now if you had said the Clancy Brothers I would have been impressed.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

What kind of idiot would admit to that?

Them's fightin words, Horvath....the 3/4's celt in me almost did away =
with the 1/4 Hungarian when they saw that!
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Terraforming is out of the question=20

No, it is not....it would take the careful launching of the right amount =
of chemicals to clear off the atmosphere to let out the greenhouse =
gasses. Venus, like all the planets in this solar system, is getting =
older by the minute. The only reason she is that hot is volcanism. =
Earth did the same thing. One day in the future, she will slow down her =
spewing and the greenhouse effect that now exists will slowly dissipate. =
And as for youe negative adjective, I got an "A" on the paper I did on =
this subject in Climatology. I used several doctoral theses as =
reference to my paper. But then, what can we expect from an anachronism =
like you? You probably still believe the moon is made of green cheese.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Headsail size? Stephen Trapani Cruising 6 May 7th 04 03:32 AM
Chart Table size. Adam Boat Building 2 February 16th 04 11:28 PM
Searay Prop Size Joseph Friess Cruising 2 August 12th 03 01:09 AM
Ignorant Dupes jlrogers ASA 109 August 11th 03 11:16 AM