BoatBanter.com

-   -   Oh, the Humanity! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/17033-oh-humanity.html)

Bobsprit August 25th 03 03:01 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

First Mooron and Bill doubt I'd make the trip!
WRONG!!!!
Billy Jane says he'll be around!
HE WASN'T!!!
Horrified by my "trip made good" Mooron tries to tell me about fender offences
and dropping sail too soon before entering a channel! He doesn't accept my
offer to e-mail direct for specifics either! And Billy Jane is off hiding,
because he sure as hell wasn't sailing!
No if Mooron was a bit sharper, he'd be complaining that I claimed to be
stopping over in Oyster Bay, not Port Jeff!

Ohhhh...booo hooo, boooo hooo!!! Bwahahahahahahhaahahahaha!

RB

Wally August 25th 03 03:46 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message news:iap2b.61635

Please Bob.... stop your thrashing. You are falling back on your tried

and
true "Hooo Haaa" defense. I'm not attacking anyone... I'm seeking
clarification which you seem unable or unwilling to supply. Why is that
Bob? You boast of a report and provide a rather sketchy overview of items
which might interest a lubber but means nothing at all to a sailor.

Speaking as a sweet, innocent, fresh-faced n00b who will, hopefully in a few
weeks, be embarking on hs first cruise in his vast, ocean-going 18-foot
mega-yacht, I would be most interested in hearing of Bobsprit's journey in
some detail in the hope that I might learn something about passage
planning - all that wind and tide stuff and how it's calculated.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Marc August 25th 03 03:47 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Sorry Bill, that's Bob's boat in the picture approaching the Thimbles.
I recognize the inadequate traveller. You are correct, on the other
hand, that he does omit sufficient detail that would prevent a clear
picture to sailors with no specific knowledge of the area.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:40:42 GMT, wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:37:00 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

I could get this type of
description from a guest on a tour boat.

You're getting warmer...

Bobsprit August 25th 03 04:04 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

I'm seeking
clarification which you seem unable or unwilling to supply.

Again, if you truly wanted the details you e-mail me. Do you want them or not?
Posting each detail here is tedious and will lead to a troll frenzy.
If you really want them you'll e-mail me.

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 04:08 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

I would be most interested in hearing of Bobsprit's journey in
some detail in the hope that I might learn something about passage
planning - all that wind and tide stuff and how it's calculated.

Wally, I'm no expert, but do well enough for the limited grounds we cover.
If you'd like specifics of how we planned for our little adventure (Currents,
weather, and plotting a short course) e-mail me direct.
In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good info
exchange.

Bobsprit August 25th 03 04:15 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

He also claims he went ashore to McDonalds in PJ after 8 am, but then
fudges badly about when he reached the Thimbles.

Huh...? What's he talking about, Willis?

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 04:40 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good
info
| exchange.

Yes Bob... we are aware of your efforts!

CM

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 04:41 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

How would factual information lead to a troll frenzy... and since when do
you not revel in a troll war?

Post them and be done with it.

CM

Wally August 25th 03 04:59 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Wally, I'm no expert, but do well enough for the limited grounds we cover.
If you'd like specifics of how we planned for our little adventure

(Currents,
weather, and plotting a short course) e-mail me direct.
In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good

info
exchange.

Surely the best way to defuse their attempts to troll is to post whatever
you would otherwise email? Facts are poor troll bait, are they not?
Consider, for example, the recent discourse on Neal's specification LWL
compared to what it really is, even allowing for his reduced freeboard - the
spec LWL just doesn't add up, and nobody came a-trollin' on the matter when
this was pointed out.

As you've already noted, there is little basis for the trolls to claim that
you weren't at the Thimbles - the pics have largely defused any such claims.
(By the same token, I take the same lack as evidence that you were indeed
there - I have no idea what the Thimbles look like, but I assume from the
silence of others that the photos are of said Thimbles.)

In any case, as you're no expert, input from the group might be good for
you, too. I would certainly relish the opportunity to read and partcipate in
a good group discussion of coastal passage planning.

Bobsprit August 25th 03 05:09 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Post them and be done with it.

I will give them to you.
All you have to do is e-mail me with the specifics you seek.
No big deal, if you really want the info.

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 05:13 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

I would certainly relish the opportunity to read and partcipate in
a good group discussion of coastal passage planning.

And still you've not asked for anything specific. My Mailbox is empty.

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 05:17 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Then why don't you post them here??

CM

Wally August 25th 03 05:28 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Then why don't you post them here??

I'd prefer to give them to you first. You could easily repost them. What's

the
problem?

What would be the point in emailing the info to someone so that they can
post it? Surely, it's less effort if you just post it yourself?

Bobsprit August 25th 03 05:31 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Here's your chance. Rise to the Occasion.

I already did. I took the trip you said I wouldn't, posted a report and pics.

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 05:49 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Log Data by leg... distance, bearings, fixes, weather, tide, times. Do you
require me to provide a format as well?

CM

Bobsprit August 25th 03 05:49 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Why are you insisting I repost them... why can't you just post them

You don't get it, hmmm?
I'm just proving that you have no real interest in the info. Saying I'm
"unstable with e-mails" is not just a lie...it's a silly one.

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 05:53 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Log Data by leg... distance, bearings, fixes, weather, tide, times. Do you
require me to provide a format as well?

You want all of that? For the whole trip? Bwahahahahahaa! So much for
specifics!

I knew it!!!!

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 06:05 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Why are you insisting I repost them... why can't you just post them
|
| You don't get it, hmmm?

What's to get Bob?

| I'm just proving that you have no real interest in the info. Saying I'm
| "unstable with e-mails" is not just a lie...it's a silly one.

It's based on my experience with you on this group Bob.... what do you want
me to say?

CM

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 06:07 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| I'm not expecting you to repost it. Trip data isn't exactly fun for
everyone.

It's a great exercise and quite enjoyable...

| If you want it, ask me for specifics and I'll give them. This forum cannot
| support a long term serious discussion.

It would if you allowed it Bob.

CM

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:09 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

It's based on my experience with you on this group Bob.... what do you want
me to say?

Please repeat this info.
I converse privately with several people here. Most recently I spoke to Scout
and Marc. Where is this history?

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:15 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

It's a great exercise and quite enjoyable...

So, e-mail me and we'll discuss. I'd like your input.

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:16 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

| support a long term serious discussion.

It would if you allowed it Bob.

Ask ONE specific. And MAYBE I'll answer! But hurry. We're going back to the
boat in 30 minutes.

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 06:20 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Well let's not go too far down that path Bob... but I do recall you claiming
that people who had admitted to exchanging personal emails with you suddenly
caught in your retaliatory claims that they were sending you pornographic
material including kiddie porn when you found yourself on the losing side of
a flame war.

How about false claims from you that posters who had admitted to exchanging
e-mails with you... of sending you emails acknowledging they were in error.

No thanks... your idea of privacy won't stand up to my standards. Sorry
Bob....

CM

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:26 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

ut I do recall you claiming
that people who had admitted to exchanging personal emails with you suddenly
caught in your retaliatory claims that they were sending you pornographic
material including kiddie porn when you found yourself on the losing side of
a flame war.

Oh yeah? That MUST be true!!
What exactly does that mean? I could claim you were sending me such material
anyway. I never sent e-mail of a nasty nature.
I maintain my "profile" here alone as anyone "honest" enough to post will
attest.

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:27 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

How about false claims from you that posters who had admitted to exchanging
e-mails with you.

Uh again, how does this compromise privacy?
Silly.

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 06:31 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Pick any one of the few I've repeatedly asked for Bob.

BTW - how do you have the answers on hand when not privy to the vessel log?

CM

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:36 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

BTW - how do you have the answers on hand when not privy to the vessel log?

Let me get this straight. You're suggesting I should have logged a three day
sail?
Oh, okay Magellan!!!

Bwahahahaha! If you want to know speeds, times, course, wind and current info I
have it all. I can even give you exact posittions at several key points during
the trip. E-mail me!
Log for 145 mile trip? Bwahahahaha! Do you log when you go to the fuel dock??!!

Good lord, I am a real sailor compare to people here!

RB

Bobsprit August 25th 03 06:43 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Booby has never screwed with me via e-mail.

Thanks, neal. I've never sent anyone anything nasty, Even the wedding pic I
sent scotty was a web address and not a file. Scotty simply discontinued his
discourse with me after the Catalina 30 troll. Since Mooron won't talk with me
I'll have no way of sending him the QT video clip.
I recently spoke with Marc and Scout and I don't think they're having any
trouble. Skitch and I have spoken through IM-he had someone looking for a low
cost boat. I don't recall sending him any viruses.
You see Mooron?

RB

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 06:48 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Well... I hadn't heard about Ganz's situation.. and I'll take your word on
your experience with Bob regarding offline contact. We don't often see eye
to eye on matters but I respect that about you. I'm not sure I can extend
that respect to Bob... he's shown an innate ability to forego common sense
in the past.

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

| Booby has never screwed with me via e-mail. We've
| exchanged e-mail on occasion mostly when I hit 'reply
| to sender button by mistake. I think it all stems from
| Ganz claiming Booby edited and e-mailed one of
| Ganz pictures. I don't set a whole of store in rumor.
|
| I'd say you can trust Booby with your e-mail addy.
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Well let's not go too far down that path Bob... but I do recall you
claiming
| that people who had admitted to exchanging personal emails with you
suddenly
| caught in your retaliatory claims that they were sending you
pornographic
| material including kiddie porn when you found yourself on the losing
side of
| a flame war.
|
| How about false claims from you that posters who had admitted to
exchanging
| e-mails with you... of sending you emails acknowledging they were in
error.

| No thanks... your idea of privacy won't stand up to my standards. Sorry
| Bob....
|
| CM
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | It's based on my experience with you on this group Bob.... what do
you
| want
| | me to say?
| |

Simple Simon August 25th 03 06:52 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

Even if I were to get a virus from you or somebody else
I know I would not accuse them of it. As we all know many
viruses commandeer the addy book and send themselves out
to everyone in it. The few viruses I've ever received as an
attachment just made me think, "Oh oh, so and so's got a
virus." I usually e-mail them back and let them know they
are infected. Why be paranoid about e-mail? It makes no
sense.

S.Simon.

Simple Simon August 25th 03 06:56 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

To his credit and like most of us here, Booby is an OK dude in
real life. I think his friends can and do count on him. I wouldn't
want to be his enemy but I think he does have the ability to
separate group shenanigans from real life. Like me he probably
only has real-life enemies.

S.Simon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
Well... I hadn't heard about Ganz's situation.. and I'll take your word on
your experience with Bob regarding offline contact. We don't often see eye
to eye on matters but I respect that about you. I'm not sure I can extend
that respect to Bob... he's shown an innate ability to forego common sense
in the past.

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

| Booby has never screwed with me via e-mail. We've
| exchanged e-mail on occasion mostly when I hit 'reply
| to sender button by mistake. I think it all stems from
| Ganz claiming Booby edited and e-mailed one of
| Ganz pictures. I don't set a whole of store in rumor.
|
| I'd say you can trust Booby with your e-mail addy.
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Well let's not go too far down that path Bob... but I do recall you
claiming
| that people who had admitted to exchanging personal emails with you
suddenly
| caught in your retaliatory claims that they were sending you
pornographic
| material including kiddie porn when you found yourself on the losing
side of
| a flame war.
|
| How about false claims from you that posters who had admitted to
exchanging
| e-mails with you... of sending you emails acknowledging they were in
error.

| No thanks... your idea of privacy won't stand up to my standards. Sorry
| Bob....
|
| CM
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | It's based on my experience with you on this group Bob.... what do
you
| want
| | me to say?
| |

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 07:19 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

That may well be the case, but I don't see any indication of it in my
discourse with him. My attempts to date to extract any information has been
like pulling a molar from a mammoth. If he can't answer some simple
questions on this forum.. what could I possibly have to gain by personal
contact... other than providing my email address.

I doubt he has any intention of providing anything but scant info and what I
could derive by myself from the posts and report he supplied. He's failed to
take the reins and illustrate his claimed knowledge in public on a sailing
discussion group.

I will admit that my last posts have begun to slide into the realm of
trolling ... but only because of my firm grasp on his collar as he slid down
that slippery slope of his own volition..... towing me with him as he went.

I've become rather bored with the repetitious cycle demonstrated by the
direction these threads have taken... so I think I'll opt out of it all....
for now. It's going nowhere...... in a hurry.

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| To his credit and like most of us here, Booby is an OK dude in
| real life. I think his friends can and do count on him. I wouldn't
| want to be his enemy but I think he does have the ability to
| separate group shenanigans from real life. Like me he probably
| only has real-life enemies.
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Well... I hadn't heard about Ganz's situation.. and I'll take your word
on
| your experience with Bob regarding offline contact. We don't often see
eye
| to eye on matters but I respect that about you. I'm not sure I can
extend
| that respect to Bob... he's shown an innate ability to forego common
sense
| in the past.
|
| CM
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| |
| | Booby has never screwed with me via e-mail. We've
| | exchanged e-mail on occasion mostly when I hit 'reply
| | to sender button by mistake. I think it all stems from
| | Ganz claiming Booby edited and e-mailed one of
| | Ganz pictures. I don't set a whole of store in rumor.
| |
| | I'd say you can trust Booby with your e-mail addy.
| |
| | S.Simon
| |
| |
| |
| | "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| | Well let's not go too far down that path Bob... but I do recall you
| claiming
| | that people who had admitted to exchanging personal emails with you
| suddenly
| | caught in your retaliatory claims that they were sending you
| pornographic
| | material including kiddie porn when you found yourself on the losing
| side of
| | a flame war.
| |
| | How about false claims from you that posters who had admitted to
| exchanging
| | e-mails with you... of sending you emails acknowledging they were in
| error.
| |
| | No thanks... your idea of privacy won't stand up to my standards.
Sorry
| | Bob....
| |
| | CM
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | | It's based on my experience with you on this group Bob.... what
do
| you
| | want
| | | me to say?
| | |
| | | Please repeat this info.
| | | I converse privately with several people here. Most recently I
spoke
| | Scout
| | | and Marc. Where is this history?
| | |
| | | RB
| |
| |
| |
| |

Wally August 25th 03 10:02 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

What would be the point in emailing the info to someone so that they can
post it? Surely, it's less effort if you just post it yourself?

I'm not expecting you to repost it. Trip data isn't exactly fun for

everyone.
If you want it, ask me for specifics and I'll give them. This forum cannot
support a long term serious discussion.

If you think that, then why do you say it's okay for it to be reposted in
the group anyway?

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 10:58 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

The Captains Master wrote in message
| Jeez, you sure do have some tickets on yourself Mooron.
| Do the scalpers line up?

Well.. you're here Oz

| Read what you wrote below and tell me you don't sound like an arse.

Since I wrote it... no.. I don't believe I sounded like an arse at all...
but let's take a look at your recent posts and see if it doesn't sound like
you lickin' arse...

CM

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 10:59 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

The Captains Master wrote in message

| Have you got the message yet that Bubbles doesn't care for your input?

Oh... How simply sweet is that.... you're talkin' for Bob now!
Aren't you just a Gem!

CM

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 11:22 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

The Captains Master wrote in message

| Mooron, you're being played like a $10 fiddle and the tune aint
| pretty.

Well Oz.. it's a catchy tune and I'm not all that busy right now... hum a
few more bars for me will you?

CM

Capt. Mooron August 25th 03 11:45 PM

Oh, the Humanity!

The Captains Master wrote in message

| Sorry Mooron but I'm happier in the audience than on stage.
| I'm sure Bubbles has the score handy.

Well Crap!... I can't get him to post it so we can all sing along.... and
everytime he leaves for the dressing room you run up and grab his
microphone. What's up with that?

CM

Peter Wiley August 26th 03 02:44 AM

Oh, the Humanity!

Mooron doesn't sound like an arse to me. Bob is skating desperately to
avoid posting anything specific and it's getting real booooring. Not
like he had any credibility to lose, mind, but here was a perfect
opportunity to actually *gain* some. Gone, gone, gone. One strongly
suspects that the reason he doesn't post the details Mooron's asked
for is because he can't post the details.

As for the private email addy thing - if he's prepared to allow Mooron
to repost his email, why not just post it direct? The only scenarios
are that he plans on using Mooron's private addy for shenanigans, or
he plans on claiming that Mooron's doing the same to him, or he's
planning on claiming that whatever Mooron posts is a forgery and not
what Bob sent. The simple way of avoiding all of this is to just post
the log data.

My conclusion is that Bob doesn't keep a proper log.

Peter Wiley

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:25:49 +1000, The Captains Master wrote:

Jeez, you sure do have some tickets on yourself Mooron.
Do the scalpers line up?

Read what you wrote below and tell me you don't sound like an arse.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:19:01 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

[...]

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Peter Wiley August 26th 03 02:48 AM

Oh, the Humanity!

Bob****'s an idiot compared to people here. The captain of my
chartered ship logs a trip to & from the fuel dock. He's required to.

Peter Wiley

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:51:09 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| BTW - how do you have the answers on hand when not privy to the vessel
log?

| Let me get this straight. You're suggesting I should have logged a three
day
| sail?
| Oh, okay Magellan!!!
|
| Bwahahahaha! If you want to know speeds, times, course, wind and current
info I
| have it all. I can even give you exact posittions at several key points
during
| the trip. E-mail me!
| Log for 145 mile trip? Bwahahahaha! Do you log when you go to the fuel
dock??!!

| Good lord, I am a real sailor compare to people here!

I've logged 20 mile trips... I've even logged 10 mile trips. I've logged
every day of a 2 month trip.

CM