Scott Vernon

Default Getting Ready, Bill!

he already posted that he spent four hours yesterday loading food.

wrote in message
On 21 Aug 2003 11:26:43 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Hey, Binary Bill....

Doing a few things to get the boat set tonight.

Yes, it could easily take you an extra day to untie all 758 docklines.

Bwaaak! Bwaaak! Bwaaak!

BB

Bobsprit

he already posted that he spent four hours yesterday loading food.

Nope. Went biking instead. I'll be there in a few hours.

RB
Scott Vernon

Trans; he's putting a VHF in his lesbo car.

"Bobsprit" wrote
Can you please post where I said we'd be at the Thimbles by noon?
I said you'd be able to make radio contact by noon.
Duh!

Capt RB

Bobsprit

I expect we'll be approaching the Thimble Islands Mid-Saturday. How's
that?"

We'll be "approaching" the Thimble Island's tomorrow, genius!
Yes, my radio can make 20-30 miles on the sound and has done so before.
Channel 9.

RB
Scott Vernon

"Bobsprit" wrote
Sat, Sun, Mon??? Sailing all three days...short sails with mostly female

crew.

RB

"SkitchNYC" wrote

Uh oh, its getting softer and softer all the time. Now it seems he only
appears to intend to sail within hailing distance of his "illegally" high
powered VHF. Could just get an SSB and call BB from the slip.

Bobsprit

Uh oh, its getting softer and softer all the time. Now it seems he only
appears to intend to sail within hailing distance of his "illegally" high
powered VHF.

It's so powerful it will also allow us to take pictures of the boat at the
Islands!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
SkitchNYC

Uh oh, its getting softer and softer all the time. Now it seems he only
appears to intend to sail within hailing distance of his "illegally" high
powered VHF.

It's so powerful it will also allow us to take pictures of the boat at the
Islands!

Your credibility dictates that radio contact is not enough, nor are pictures.
Only confirmation by Bill of an Alien sighting will suffice at this point, and
that needs backup of photographic evidence of the meeting to allay any concerns
that you will have Sudzy bribe him. But first, get to the route planning that
Mooron is leading you by the nose to.
Capt. Mooron

Don't you plan and route for forecast conditions? Although flexibility is a
good option... you really should have a benchmark to deviate from. It seems
like your only plans are dedicated to provisions and pastimes. This is
really the mark of a rank newbie in regards to sailing.

I think your estimate of 10 - 15 miles on Friday is a stretch. Your estimate
of the final destination at 45 miles the following day is doable but the
ETA would place you there late in the day. Why not plan for a 10 hour sail
at an average of 5 knots for Saturday and drop your departure time to 0500
hrs. That would give you a 2 hour motor with fresh weather data to plan
where you want to be when the day time breeze kicks in.... and place you at
your destination at 1500hrs.

I'd suggest a night sail to put you at final destination the following
morning.... but that's way beyond your skill level at the moment. I take it
you have a return date of Monday... considering your current estimate of
sailing 2 days to go 50 miles?

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Best you'll do is 7-8 hours for that trip Bob..... best ETA I can
forecast
| for you is 1700 hrs.
|
| We'll see. We may leave earlier on Saturday or take things further
tomorrow.
| Playing it as we go, but we'll get there.
| I'll be on channel 9 for Billy-Jane.
|
| RB

Scott Vernon

When one motors everywhere, one can set a more rigid schedule.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Best you'll do is 7-8 hours for that trip Bob..... best ETA I can
forecast
| for you is 1700 hrs.
|
| We'll see. We may leave earlier on Saturday or take things further
tomorrow.
| Playing it as we go, but we'll get there.
| I'll be on channel 9 for Billy-Jane.
|
| RB

Bobsprit

It seems
like your only plans are dedicated to provisions and pastimes.

We'll be there, Mooron. It's not far, fer cripes sake. No wind, we'll power.
Too much wind, we'll reef. T-Storm, we'll ride it out.
Jeepers! Channel 9.

RB

Republican myths basskisser General 0 June 30th 04 05:37 PM
OT--Great headlines everywhere NOYB General 26 December 4th 03 12:43 PM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of uk.rec.boats.power? Twinkles UK Power Boats 1 October 27th 03 05:36 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of uk.rec.fishing.game? Twinkles UK Paddle 0 October 26th 03 05:54 PM