Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Marc

Default Hey Bob

Got to sail a 1989 C & C 37+ XL yesterday. I had been helping the
owner re-build his steering system. The Edson gear is above deck
mounted and the idler wheel plate had rotted out to nothing. The boat
is a real rabbit, fast and agile. Takes a heel and locks in. A bit
too fussy with check and baby stays. Probably the single most
uncomfortable big boat I have ever sailed in my life. There is not one
single comfortable place on deck to sit, stretch out ,recline, brace,
etc. Cushions don't help. Its a racer,Bob, no matter how much they
gussied it up. Cruising isn't even in second place.