Peter J Ross

Default Is this group about sailing?

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:03:23 +0000 (UTC), a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Bertie the
Bunyip:

"/etc" wrote in
news
Or are all these posters just amateurs?

Most of them aren't even that.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with being an amateur.

It means you do something for the love of it.

Kenner und Liebhaber.

But these guys are just frauds.

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
Bertie the Bunyip

Peter J Ross wrote in
:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:03:23 +0000 (UTC), a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Bertie the
Bunyip:

"/etc" wrote in
news
Or are all these posters just amateurs?

Most of them aren't even that.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with being an amateur.

It means you do something for the love of it.

Kenner und Liebhaber.

But these guys are just frauds.

Well, of course, there's nothing like the real thing!
Bertei
ickle_sheep

"Peter J Ross" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:42:34 -0400, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Simple Simon:

A better group to subscribe to if you want sailing discussion
is uk.rec.sailing. The people over there at least act like
grown-ups.

What the **** does a uk.* froup have to do with the *American* Sailing
Association?

well if we must start from first principles.....
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I258226A5

GDAR

--
keep fear
that's what they want

Daedalus

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:26:48 +0100, Peter J Ross ,
stank up the place with:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:35:33 GMT, a team of surgeons from
alt.fan.earl-curley removed the following benign growth from Daedalus:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:42:34 -0400, "Simple Simon"
, stank up the place with:

This group consists mostly of a handful of children who
have nothing better to do than attempt to make themselves
the center of attention. It's become a prime example of
OADD (Online Attention Deficit Disorder)

Biggest offenders are Moroon, Donal, Bobsprit, Pony Express,
LOCO, Binary Bill, Scott Vernon, and Cappys Master.

This used to be a decent group years ago before it was
invaded by a bunch of Capt.Neal® wannabes who never
had any chance in the world of doing even a tenth
as good a job as the retired Capt.Neal® did keeping
the discussion here related to sailing topics.

Most of the people here lately are losers and flakes.
They are the same type of children one sees on any
playground doing the most stupid and absurd things
and yelling, "Lookit me, lookit me!" Too stupid to know
the difference between accomplishment and foolish
noise.

A better group to subscribe to if you want sailing discussion
is uk.rec.sailing. The people over there at least act like
grown-ups.

In the meanwhile check out the good Capt. Neal® website at
http://www.homestead.com/captneal/index.html he has lots
of sailing topics on his Novice Lessons.

S.Simon

HEY! I found the grumpy oldbie who complains but never leaves in this
group! Was I the first? What's my prize?

Bertie found him first, the ****ing *******.

Crap. Another bag of quatloos gone to someone else...

Jade

Jonathan Ganz

Did you even read your last post?? You're contributing nothing
with posts like this. Petey is just a baby troller. Why bother with
him?

"anonymous" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:39:45 +0100, Peter J Ross

said:

**** off to an AOL chatroom with your HTML, net-******.

I suggest you learn how to set up you newsreader instead of trying to play
net cop. I use Agent too, and (i) have no problem with display of

unwrapped
lines and (ii) don't even notice if someone has posted in HTML. An icon at
the bottom of the message--big deal.

/etc

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:28:48 +0100, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Peter J Ross posted:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:49:39 +0200, a team of surgeons from
alt.fan.earl-curley removed the following benign growth from /etc:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:15:08 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Daedalus posted:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:04:34 +0200, "/etc"
, stank up the place with:

Or are all these posters just amateurs?

Yes that and...

FLUFFY DOESN'T SAIL

Who is Fluffy, another sweet water sailor that has never seen a
ship before?

Fluffy is teh father of teh feline race.

P.S. And he hace much grateness.

If I see all those groups where it has all been Xposted to....
earl curley : a fine (ex)man who sailed astrology as it it was the seven
seas
karl malden: a fine actor who sailed the silver screen?

Next you will be Xposting to sci.space.shuttle tying to insult that
fine person Maxson who found the TRUE reason why space shuttle flight 51L
collapsed, due to a conspiracy of the military.

You guys are a terrible lot, and I will consult my lawyer because I'm
certain you are doiniong something terribly wrong.

--
mhm 27x12

Bertie the Bunyip

Daedalus wrote in
:

[...]

Aww, don't be like that. Plenty to go around here!

Ya know, I did try to tel them early on, but they kept insisting they were
kicking my butt! Too busy to listen.

Oh well.

Bertie
George Booth

Default Sailing across LIS

anonymous wrote in
:

Most of the people here lately are losers and flakes.
They are the same type of children one sees on any
playground doing the most stupid and absurd things
and yelling, "Lookit me, lookit me!" Too stupid to know
the difference between accomplishment and foolish
noise.

Here's the only solution I've found that makes it readable.

First, KF the people who you know will never contribute anything
useful. I go pretty light on that, but it eliminates about 50% of the
messages. Then when you download headers highlight all of them for
deletion except the 4 or 5 threads that look like they might be of
interest. Hit the delete key, and download the remaining messages.

Good plan

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in
:

Did you even read your last post?? You're contributing nothing
with posts like this. Petey is just a baby troller. Why bother with
him?

IOW you are running away.

Sissy!
Sissy!

You can call it wahtever else you like, but I know, don't I?

I always did.

and I'm only just warming up, BTW.

Bertie

said:

**** off to an AOL chatroom with your HTML, net-******.

I suggest you learn how to set up you newsreader instead of trying to
play net cop. I use Agent too, and (i) have no problem with display
of

unwrapped
lines and (ii) don't even notice if someone has posted in HTML. An
icon at the bottom of the message--big deal.

Ed Raleigh

anonymous wrote in
:

said:

**** off to an AOL chatroom with your HTML, net-******.

I suggest you learn how to set up you newsreader instead of trying to
play net cop. I use Agent too, and (i) have no problem with display of
unwrapped lines and (ii) don't even notice if someone has posted in
HTML. An icon at the bottom of the message--big deal.

Yeah, Big deal.

Bertie

History of the American Sailing Navy - 1949 - Chapelle DuLaze Boat Building 0 June 17th 04 04:10 PM
Motor Boat Sailing Oke Fami Boat Building 4 April 21st 04 08:45 PM
This Group extreme_turbulance Power Boat Racing 7 January 26th 04 05:02 PM
What a Great Day! Capt.American ASA 16 July 24th 03 11:54 PM
Anyone Sailing, besides me??? Gilligan ASA 37 July 19th 03 05:15 AM