Flying Tadpole

Default Dogs on yachts?

JaxAshby wrote:

A pet monkey is much more useful.

It can climb the rigging, alert you to newcomers, perform menial tasks and,
in your case, give you a competitive chess game.

Your wings are showing. Isn't immortality enough for you? WHat
more can we offer?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Bobsprit

....you can train a dog to not go on the boat....

Doesn't your wife get angry when you keep her off?

RB
Capt. Mooron

You Yanks are really geographically challenged.... it's a Belgian Barge
Dog. I hate it when they crop tails and dock ears. Nice little dog though.
Good Luck...

CM

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
| "katysails" wrote in message
| Our dog, a standard poodle named Chopper, has been sailing with us since
| puppyhood. He has an exceptionally strong bladder and incentive to hold
| on what he's got (which comes from decent training). We dinghy him
| in...sometimes we drive the boat up to the docks, I leap off with the
| dog, mr. sails takes a turn around the mooring field, and voila! we're
| back and on board....Choppie jumps from the back of the transom into the
| dinghy and jumps off the dock into the dinghy on command. Some people
| don't want to do all the dinghying stuff, so they either teach the dog
| to go down the scuppers or put astro-turf on the bow, which to me, is
| very gross and disgusting. Little dogs can be trained to use litter
| boxes just like cats...at least then it's contained somewhere and not
| out in the open and offensive.
|

| Hello Katy,
|
| Here in Maui I've meet a couple from Holland that have a dog called a
| Schipperky, thats German for little Captain. He's a small all black
| dog that is awesome on a boat, No tail, they love to swim, the do not
| smell like a wet dog when they are wet. He's been 3/4 the way around
| the earth via sail and has never lived ashore. They put a small 2'X 2'
| piece of canvas on the deck near the stern that the dog uses every
| time. They just toss it overboard and rinse it and put it back on
| deck. You can not row up to their boat without that dog barking. The
| dog also barks every time the bilge pump cuts on. He told me the dogs
| where raised in Antwerp to guard barges on the canals in Europe. They
| are also used to De-rat the barges and boats. Hes excellent at eating
| crabs, he catches his own and does a great job killing and eating
| them. He's the coolest dog I've ever seen and the perfect size for a
| boat, and he sure aint no sissy poodle. Everwhere Jergen goes on or
| off that boat his dog is by his side. I'm getting a puppy ASAP.
|
| Capt. American

James

they are dogs?
And you a knowledgable sailor indeed
And your pride in the awfull set of a knackered mainsail not long
ago...................
The awesome wonder of that purple below
"Korekett and Ope" boatyard could do with you on the payroll... LOLOLOLOL

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message

How many of you take your dogs on board. How do you go on with them
needing to "use the loo", both ways g, if you are sailing say,
overnight?
--
Richard Faulkner

This guy named Bobsprit takes dogs aboard his boat all the time
and never has trouble training them not to poop. Here are some
pictures of them.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sarairene.jpg

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sarasara.jpg

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/heyhey.jpg

S.Simon

James

What do "Women" look like?
If they are Dogs... I am worried as to what you find attractive..
But looking at ya boat... nice Curves are not your thing..