Mike

Default A day sail

We took *Arabella* out for a little spin yesterday, Lady Sailor and I. At
first we practiced close quarter maneuvering a bit in the harbor- the boat
has a beastly port prop walk in reverse, and if you finally get her to go
to starboard she won't ever correct back. After lots of attempts backing up
at all kinds of speeds, throttle and transmission engaged or not, we decided
the boat just does better going forward and we'd better just remember that.
So we went for a little sail out in the channel. There was about 15 knots
of wind, building to 17 as we went out. Seas were about 4-5 feet. I tried
to point like I could with the Ranger 23 and she just pigged along, so we
cracked off a bit, and she took off at 6.5-7 knots and loved it! So OK, we
have a cruising boat, but one that will definitely move out on a close
reach. We did a quick stop heave-to to show Barb how it worked, then she
did one by herself when I decided to raise the mizzen before we headed back.
After a fast trip back to the harbor on a smokin' broad reach we dropped
sail and Barb did a perfect landing at the dock in front of the Whales Tail
where we went in for a couple of Bloody Marys. I have to admit we enjoyed
sitting up on the upstairs patio watching our beautiful boat lying below at
the dock!
Life is good.
Mike and Barb

SAIL LOCO

What kind of boat is it?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Lady Sailor

She's a Swift 40'. Here's some pics and more detail.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/s_v_arabella.htm

Lady B.

"SAIL LOCO" wrote:
What kind of boat is it?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

NH_/)_

Nice Looking boat not to mention its 40ft

NH_/)_

Lady Sailor wrote:
She's a Swift 40'. Here's some pics and more detail.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/s_v_arabella.htm

Lady B.

"SAIL LOCO" wrote:
What kind of boat is it?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Bobsprit

Default C&C 32s are garbage barges.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message ...
And Booby cannot deny it because he cannot get
onto the Internet because he has no power.

Bwwwaahahahhahahahahahhhahahhah!

c'mon everybody, let's all pile on the Boobster
while he can't do a think about it.

S.Simon

Anytime you want to race your POS bananrama boat against my superior
CnC, I'll be here with the cash.
As long as I don't have a wedding or funeral or graduation or
christening or dentist appointment or fluff duty or a job or botox
treatment or a porn movie to attend to, I'll be there.

Put up or shout up Kneel.

RB
SAIL LOCO

He appears smarter without power.