Bobsprit

Default Explain It to Neal

This is a new sailing education series for the boat experts in Alt.Sailing.Asa.

Why does a J24, with less WL beat Neal's Coronado 27 10 out of 10 times?
We know he's claimed he's passed J24s, but those were anchored.
Anyone care to break it down for him?

Capt RB
Simple Simon

Facts speak more loudly than speculation.

Come down to the J-24 races on Biscayne Bay
sometime and watch how my Coronado 27
leaves them behind on the downwind leg. This
is even when I'm towing my Dyer Dhow.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
This is a new sailing education series for the boat experts in Alt.Sailing.Asa.

Why does a J24, with less WL beat Neal's Coronado 27 10 out of 10 times?
We know he's claimed he's passed J24s, but those were anchored.
Anyone care to break it down for him?

Capt RB

Jonathan Ganz

Doesn't know how to sail?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
This is a new sailing education series for the boat experts in

Alt.Sailing.Asa.

Why does a J24, with less WL beat Neal's Coronado 27 10 out of 10 times?
We know he's claimed he's passed J24s, but those were anchored.
Anyone care to break it down for him?

Capt RB

Can someone explain this? CCred68046 General 32 February 20th 04 09:06 PM
Prismatic Coeff ?? Please explain Backyard Renegade Boat Building 2 August 27th 03 02:52 PM
Paging Capt. Neal CANDChelp ASA 0 August 11th 03 05:55 PM
Kicking Neal all over Alt.sailing...again!!! CANDChelp ASA 2 July 28th 03 11:15 PM