SkitchNYC

Default Pneuma's Btm

You got a wing keel on that sucker, Thom. I would think your waters are deep
enough to take a deep keel. Have you ever run aground with it?
Thom Stewart

Skitch,

I have to admit I hit a Rock on the Sea Wall 20 minutes after I took
delivery. Coming back to my Slip

If you look at that keel, it really isn't a shallow draft keel. It is 5
ft down from the water line. It keeps that cut away bottom in the water
better. I can climb up wind with the best of them, also.

Ole Thom

James Johnson

In the mud bottom of the Chesapeake those who have run aground once with a wing
keel tend to be very leery of repeating it. That wing keel seems to do a fair
imitation of a Bruce anchor - can have a devil of a time getting free. YMMV

JJ

On 13 Aug 2003 00:49:10 GMT, (SkitchNYC) wrote:

You got a wing keel on that sucker, Thom. I would think your waters are deep
enough to take a deep keel. Have you ever run aground with it?

James Johnson
remove the "dot" from after sail in email address to reply
Thom Stewart

JJ,

Don't think I'm not aware of it. We have our share of mud bottoms here
and a lot tougher Tide Runs.

That wing keel makes me watch the charts and Depth Meter.

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

Wing keels are just a silly gimmick that started after
one of the dumb America's Cup boats installed one.

A wing keel on a motor sailer is about as useless as
teats on a boar hog.

S.Simon

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
JJ,

Don't think I'm not aware of it. We have our share of mud bottoms here
and a lot tougher Tide Runs.

That wing keel makes me watch the charts and Depth Meter.

Ole Thom

Horvath

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:54:04 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote this crap:

Wing keels are just a silly gimmick that started after
one of the dumb America's Cup boats installed one.

That boat won the America's Cup, dumbass.

A wing keel on a motor sailer is about as useless as
teats on a boar hog.

More like as useless as brains on Simple Simon.
Any device that makes you faster is worth considering, unless you want
to sail around like you were dragging an anchor.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!