Bobsprit

Default A New Boat Soon!

The whole idea of the C&C 32 was to keep us sailing while Suzanne finished of
School. Now, after inspecting what will certainly be our next boat, we are
clear on what will be best!
A few days ago we inspected a 1991 C&C 34XL. The boat is very nice looking,
though a bit modern to my eye. The cockpit is very large and comfortable as are
the decks. The rig is quite busy with far more elaborate controls and blocks
than on my older 32. There are all North Sails, 13 of them, some of which have
never been used. The cruising main and Genoa are new. All in all, she's a
pleasing boat ot the eye.
Down below is a very nice interior with more usable accomodations. The head is
larger and has a shower pan. The aft cabin has a berth that is large enough for
someone 6'3. The Nav Station and whole interior is nicely done and well
finished. Electronics are less than 3 years old.
I won't post the name of the boat presently. I'm working out a deal with the
owner, who is buying a Cat. We plan to own this boat by Spring 2005. She rates
around 90-95, though we won't race her. We will be doing some test sails in two
weeks, but I've heard nothing but great things about the 34+ and XL.
This will break Loco's heart!!!

Here's what the boat looks like, though the one I'm looking at has a different
color layout.
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/feature...andslamp13.jpg

Capt RB
Simple Simon

UGH! Yet another dated and Hunter-looking design.

Why not look at a decent-looking boat once in a while?

You know, something with some character.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
[...]

Simple Simon

Default A New Boat Soon! (Get something real like this)

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/41734300.htm

Forget that C&C. It's a Chevy Malibu.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bobsprit

No doubt it is a nice boat, but is it really worth 5x+ what you have
invested in yours? Why spend the premium for a "racing" boat that
you only intend to cruise/day sail?

Well, you have a point, but we won't spend more than 40K with Alien as a trade
in. She'll be far newer, far nicer, far faster and a lot of fun. Plus there
will be room for both good sleep and sex. The boat fits are long term plans
better than the very nice 32.

RB

Simple Simon

Default A New Boat Soon! (A better choice)

Much more boat than you are considering:

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/4/44090764.htm

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
[...]

felton

Good choice Looks like a deal, as well. Bob is mainly looking for
a boat with a low PHRF rating so he can troll more effectively in the
NG. I would take the Crealock 34 in a heartbeat over the C&C.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bobsprit

Good choice Looks like a deal, as well. Bob is mainly looking for
a boat with a low PHRF rating so he can troll more effectively in the
NG. I would take the Crealock 34 in a heartbeat over the C&C.

Not exactly ideal for my area, that Crealock. The C&C will provide far more fun
on the water, plus I can beat on Loco and Steve even worse than before! At the
moment I have the better, nicer boat. But now it will be FAR faster as well!
The Crealock is beautiful as are most of the Pacific Seacrafts.

RB