Mike

Default Berties real purpose

I used to think was to rid the internet, or at least usenet, of idiots who
messed up newsgroups. I actually thought he was pretty good at it, and
kinda cheered him on. I thought of him like a crusader bunyip. Lately he
seems like he may have a more sinister agenda? Did you guys **** him off?
Pardon me, I've been gone for a week or so bringing my "new" boat home from
Ensenada, stopping off for a night in Avalon to marry my darling Lady
Sailor.
Will post again about the interesting passage, but the boat and wife are
safely home now.
Mike

two wheels

Mike

Yo Ho Ho and a Cabin_boy's Ass

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:06:55 GMT, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Mike:

I used to think was to rid the internet, or at least usenet, of idiots who
messed up newsgroups. I actually thought he was pretty good at it, and
kinda cheered him on. I thought of him like a crusader bunyip. Lately he
seems like he may have a more sinister agenda? Did you guys **** him off?
Pardon me, I've been gone for a week or so bringing my "new" boat home from
Ensenada, stopping off for a night in Avalon to marry my darling Lady
Sailor.
Will post again about the interesting passage, but the boat and wife are
safely home now.
Mike

Troll.

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
Scout

Mike,
Yes, we have ****ed off Bunyimpotent and the various, dyslexic Bunyippies.
We sail, and when you consider all that that implies, they are angry. they
can't manage it, can't "get it up" so to speak. Imagine the frustration,
the resentment. All they have is their computers. They live in them. I'm
sure they know the 'ins and outs' of Usenet software better than most of us
(I'm sure some here are holding back), but we don't care, so that ****es
them off even more. Of course, many of us here know other software systems
better than they; useful, productive systems, with which some of us have
made small fortunes, programs like AutoCAD, Engineering programs,
accounting/tax programs, medical administration programs, multi-media
software, and specialty software. I, for instance, operate remote
mechanical systems from my home, using software I programmed and equipment I
installed. I can monitor and/or change the conditions at a nearby Nuclear
Generating Station, hospitals, schools, office buildings, and factories; and
I get paid nicely to do it. It's just a side business, but I made enough
with it to put 4 people through college, buy a boat, a camper, 2
motorcycles, and 5 computers, all of which I networked in my home. I'm not
bragging because I know others here have lots more (I've seen their boats to
prove it!) But that's what I've invested my time in, instead of Usenet, and
it's paid off. How much do you think these geniuses are making for their
Usenet knowledge? Some people are making money with it for sure, but I
doubt we are being bothered by those folks. Knowing this ****es them off
some more.
But hey, they know how to make virtual graffiti and then hide. wow. They
remind me of a group of little kids I saw once, who were yelling "POOPIE
PANTS" at passing cars and then ROFL. They thought it, and they, were great
stuff, just like Bunyimpotent.
The Bunyippies don't know where they fit in; they can't fit in socially, and
I'm shouting the word IRONY when I consider the fact that they can't fit in
this world either. And it ****es them off. Naturally, people tend to defend
themselves when attacked, but that is not the same as saying they are
interested in what Bunyimpotent has to say. He's got nothing going on, and
he's damned angry about it. There's much commiseration going in within the
Bunyippy culture.
Some of the Bunyippies will mature I think, and I don't doubt they will
become productive members of society as adults. Others will be destroyed by
OCD, of which Usenet will be a part. More anger.
They'd like to think of themselves as destroyers of the Universe. Instead,
they must deal with the reality that they are more like gnats. A good
breeze will carry them to some other place, and we will forget them, and
that ****es them off a little more. I don't mind talking about them if
another legitimate sailor prompts me, I just don't talk with them; that
seems to **** them off a lot. In fact, they now respond for me, forging my
name just so it looks like Scout is answering them. How pathetic is that?
Hope that answers your question Mike.
BTW - Lots of luck to you and your bride!
Scout

"Mike" wrote
Did you guys **** him off?

two wheels

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:05:20 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

[...]

Well said, er..written. The main task is convincing anybody who
comes here for actual sailing talk, to stop feeding the trolls--at
least the x-posting trolls without boats. Trolls should at least
have a dusty Sunfish in the garage, or something. Lurkers can punt.

two wheels (punter)

Lady Sailor

Thanks for the clarification, Scout. I've been too busy lately to pay much
attention to my computer, and just remembered Bertie running Jaxass off the
group way back when- a service I was very grateful for. Then I check in
here and find a volume of off topic posts (well, x-posts) that boggles the
mind. I figured it must be a war of some kind.
I appreciate the background info on yourself, I've enjoyed reading your
posts and find you a great addition to this crew on ASA.
Anyway, thanks for the well- wishes, and I'm off to go to work...sailing!
It's a shi**y job but somebody has to do it ;0) (and it's only for another
couple of months anyway)
Mike
www.sailinglinks.com

"Scout" wrote in message
[...]

Popeye

You know what I do when I see "whatever you call'ems" like bunyip? I use
Internet Explorer and I click on their message, on my top toolbar I click
Message, and then I click "Block Sender". It even asks if I want to remove
the idiot's messages already downloaded. Now I don't even see bertie's
garbage.

Flying Tadpole

After a post like that, one can almost feel sorry for the poor
souls, their bodies riven by waves of impotent rage, their
prepubertal minds knowing they're missing something, their
fingers desperately typing crudities both of language and
invention, barren of both invective and content. They hammer
away at their long-suffering keyboards, seeking to validate their
existence somehow, even if only in the nanosecond between the
appearance of their posts and the contemptuous silences which
follow them. They spawn more and more socks which only
demonstrate their hopelessness as puppeteers. Indeed, it could
almost be tragic, the true nature of the bunyip, for whom we once
held such hopes, revealed as much by the actions of his followers
as by his own doings.

--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com