Bobsprit

Default By the way, Donal

Force 9 conditions is more properly called a gale or strong gale. Most
"sailors" consider anything about force 6 to be somewhat challenging. This past
sunday we sailed in Force 7 and maybe Force 8 for a bit.
More than you could handle. But I suppose you call anything above force 5 heavy
air right up to force 12!!

But I'm sure you can quickly conjure up a story of how you were in this storm
or that! And some folks here will believe you!

Bwahahahha!
Bobsprit

Sorry, F9 would only be caled a "Strong gale". It wouldn't be called a
"Gale".

Wrong. A gale is a gale is a gale.
It's English, man. Learn it.

RB
Bobsprit

This past
sunday we sailed in Force 7 and maybe Force 8 for a bit.

Now, now, now! Don't exaggerate! You *possibly* sailed in an F 7.

Okie dokie.

RB
DSK

Bobsprit wrote:

Wrong. A gale is a gale is a gale.
It's English, man. Learn it.

It's the Beaufort Scale, Bubbles. Learn it!

http://www.marinewaypoints.com/marine/wind.shtml

BTW trying to claim that you sail more than a fellow who's been in the
'Round Britain race is really a mugs game. You don't know how to dock, even
under power, you have no clue what an inverter does, two people on your boat
and you "have no crew," you claim JAX was your friend....

In short, Bubbles, you're nuts.

DSK

Scott Vernon

No, most folks here would believe Donal, and that is what really upsets
you.

Scotty

"Bobsprit" wrote

And some folks here will believe you!

Scott Vernon

Notice how Jeff ''seriously doubt ''s Bubbles' story , but not a word of
doubt concerning Donal.

--
Scotty, a man's only as good as his word.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
By the Beaufort Scale everyone else uses F9 is a "Strong Gale." To call

it a "gale"
simply means its somewhere between
F7 and F10 inclusive, although I've seen versions where F7 doesn't quite

count as a "gale"
even though its a "moderate gale."

I seriously doubt you were in F8. The Beaufort Scale measures "Sustained

Wind," not
gusts. Further, using the Beaufort scale in inland, protected waters is

rather deceptive.
Since you're claim F8, does that mean you had waveheights of 18-25 feet?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Force 9 conditions is more properly called a gale or strong gale. Most
"sailors" consider anything about force 6 to be somewhat challenging.

This past
sunday we sailed in Force 7 and maybe Force 8 for a bit.
More than you could handle. But I suppose you call anything above force

5 heavy
air right up to force 12!!

But I'm sure you can quickly conjure up a story of how you were in this

storm
or that! And some folks here will believe you!

Bwahahahha!

Bobsprit

Since you're claim F8, does that mean you had waveheights of 18-25 feet?

F8 won't produce waves of that height on the sound.
But you knew that, Jeff.

RB
Bobsprit

Wrong. A gale is a gale is a gale.
It's English, man. Learn it.

It's the Beaufort Scale, Bubbles. Learn it!

Duh, they are BOTH gales. English 101. Give it a try. Donal called it heavy
air!!!

bwahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

You don't know how to dock, even
under power, you have no clue what an inverter does

Dopey, I have a inverter that cost more than Scotty's boat.

RB

Hey Donal Scott Vernon ASA 147 November 6th 03 11:20 PM
Donal Screws the Pooch CANDChelp ASA 1 July 31st 03 05:09 AM
I'm Letting Donal off the Hook CANDChelp ASA 40 July 30th 03 12:05 PM
Donal Hates Your Boat The_navigator© ASA 37 July 20th 03 11:26 PM