Scout

Default Last weekend anchored out

looks real nice Doug!
Scout

"DSK" wrote in message
Right now we are working on projects ranging from the topsides varnish
to the engine room, but we took time to go out and relax.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...83123184tGbngM

I'm not going to say where this is, and I hope that the pic doesn't
really show how nice the anchorage is. Don't want to see crowd there
next time!

A beautiful sunset & a bottle of wine (Caymus Vineyards for those who
are interested), sharing with some boating friends, a very enjoyable
occasion.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bobsprit

what distinguishes a motorsailor from a sailboat, engine size?
Scout

Motorsailors can be built wide and heavy, much like a powerboat. They will
usually have a more massive powerplants and underpowered rigs. There is usually
two steering stations, one inside a pilothouse.

Few sail very well.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Any boat bob climbs on.

"Scout" wrote in message
what distinguishes a motorsailor from a sailboat, engine size?
Scout

"Bobsprit" wrote
Did you consider a big motorsailor at any point?

Bobsprit

Any boat bob climbs on.

"Scout" wrote in message
what distinguishes a motorsailor from a sailboat, engine size?

GOOD!!! ONE!!!

RB
DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:

I was invited to a raft up, but declined. I'm a little leary of rafting to
other sailboats, thinking about a power boat wake rocking us.

Not a problem if you do it right. Of course, out of any three average boats,
there are two or more sailors who think they know how to do it right, but will
damage the boat(s) and/or foul the anchor. However, when my wife is part of the
group, everybody does it her way.... and she has learned from the best

Snoring on other boats, now *that's* a problem.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Gerard Weatherby

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:59:33 -0400, DSK wrote:

Snoring on other boats, now *that's* a problem.

When I was on the big submersible boats we shared an anchorage with another boat
who just had to run their f--in' active sonar all night. That was annoying.

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org
Jonathan Ganz

I like them, except that they look really strange. They're
not very expensive either.

The Cappys Master wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:49:13 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote:

No, that's the name of a popular, though outdated tri. They
tended to be fat in the middle and looked a bit odd.

And it's lashed together so it flexes and groans the whole time.
Extremely seaworthy and because of the flexing, not subject to
structural failures.

Look em up..very interesting boats!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

jlrogers

The life of a drag queen is not without hazard.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Few sail very well.

RB

larry flint a.k.a lawrence stone

You have quite the motor home on the water DougE.
I like the big azz fuel oil generator.
Do you have central air?

I have gone motorized myself and now "sail" down I-95 in an old Dodge
camper van to Florida every winter with air, generator, 12v/110v
refrig and all the other needed luxury stuff.