Donal

Default The best NG in the world! --- for what it's worth

"q" wrote in message
you might be surprised at how many people want to read and talk sailing.
MANY come, lurk, and get the hell out before the stench permeates our
clothes. I come maybe every couple months to see if hell has frozen over.
Nope, same bunch of bar-clods hanging over their grog mugs and hanging on

the stools because the only motion they ever experience is the woozy

effects
of too much booze and booze-fuelled ego. Real sailors do not tie up to
the city's sewer outlet.

That was an off topic whine. Please try to stay on-topic.

BTW, I'd love to know how you know that "MANY" come and lurk here.

Regards

Donal

Simple Simon

Default The best NG in the world!

I'll drink to THAT!

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Cool it Kate,

Again the OLD MAN speaks. Looking back on life (Mine) I found the 50
years were truly the defining years. Those were the years when you (I)
came to terms with who I was and who I was going to be. I think; I know,
looking back. the Fifties were the best years in my life. Screw those
forties! In speaking to my cronies most seem to concur. It isn't
quitting. It's like an airplane that has been gaining altitude. When it
reaches a good altitude it levels off. It isn't quitting. It is
accepting. That's when life becomes stable and that isn't bad

I do think maybe our friend and leader,Neal has begun to feel some of
this. It's time to let the young TURKS have a go at the Kingdom, I've
served my time. I'll stick my oar in once in awhile to stir the pot and
try to keep the ship upright but the course now is someone else's duty

So much for Ole Thom's Philosophy and hopefully the final

Nutsy is a player right now. He isn't the leader that the group needs.
Maybe he will become that leader, who knows but a Leader there will be

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom

Seahag

Such fame, it goes to my head!

Seahag

Flying Tadpole wrote:

go to mp3.com and do a search on "Seahag's song". Sorry no
vocals at present because my female singers are running slow on
it and even a pointed stick doesn't get my voice up there...

Seahag wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote:

I'll join you in that drink. It was CN's tirades and total
unbending stiff-neckedness that first sucked me into this!

Moi Aussie!

Haggis

katysails

But chemical castration is still applied ....Yes?

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. We have a hard enough time trying to get the meds for "quelling" desire for
some of our people with dementia and psychiatric diagnoses. Only way we can get it approved for use in the institution is if we
can prove that the person involved could dangerously inflict him/her/self on someone else. Males are usually given a heavy dose
of estrogen to "quieten" their sexual urges, but it has to be charted accurately and an attempt must be made every so often to
wean them off it to see if they've gone "dormant" or not.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

-- speaking of Jax, he's still over at Cruising World BB giving certain posters
hell.

Better there than here.
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

she's gotta go to C, see?

My piano has 3 other c's thaat I could hit besides the one you're referring to...you're just making artistic excuses.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Anyway, Katy
claims she's not highly strung enougn.

I'm a contralto/mezzo, for the luvaPete....have some mercy....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

The_navigator©

It is the rejection of scuh closed minded lubbers as this that makes
this NG the best in the world.

Cheers MC

q wrote:
you might be surprised at how many people want to read and talk sailing.
MANY come, lurk, and get the hell out before the stench permeates our
clothes. I come maybe every couple months to see if hell has frozen over.
Nope, same bunch of bar-clods hanging over their grog mugs and hanging on to
the stools because the only motion they ever experience is the woozy effects
of too much booze and booze-fuelled ego. Real sailors do not tie up to
the city's sewer outlet.

katysails

I forgot that we caught some sea bass using treble hooks!!!!!

Did your staff filet them in quarter time and then waltz off to sharpen their staffs?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

What a grand idea. It's rather upright of you to admit it.

No matter which way you spinet!

You think that will console him?
--
katysails