The_navigator©

Default Big wind W/E

As usual headed out for the W/E but was met by gales on Sunday. It was
interesting reaching back as we passed a 45' double ended Colin Archer
replica type. I noted with interest that this much slower design seemed
to really get rolled by the mean swell whereas we just accelerated off
the waves leaving the crest to break in our our quarter wave. The cats
seemed to be OK with no sign of sickness but couldn't make up their mind
whether to be below or up in the cockpit sitting on the mate's lap. I
also pondered the concept of grabbing a buoy as we could try a power
gybe into a lee anchorage -but decided that no one would have the
strength to hold onto it! I also wondfered about dropping sails and
going to windward under bare poles to moor up but decided that wouldn't
be a viable plan either. It's funny how you have time to ponder these
things in a proper blue water vessel while others panic and run off
under motor for the nearest shelter.

Cheers MC

The_navigator©

Amazing precision. I set two hooks and I get *both* fish immediately!

:-))))

While I talk about reaching in gale force winds the Mooron fish is still
fantasing about motoring!

Cheers MC

Capt. Mooron wrote:
It's a typical optical illusion generated by the panic involved in you
trying to get your engine started and realizing the prop was fouled. The
folks in the Colin archer were having supper and the wine glasses weren't
showing any motion.

CM

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
| As usual headed out for the W/E but was met by gales on Sunday. It was
| interesting reaching back as we passed a 45' double ended Colin Archer
| replica type. I noted with interest that this much slower design seemed
| to really get rolled by the mean swell whereas we just accelerated off
| the waves leaving the crest to break in our our quarter wave. |

CANDChelp

By the way, all of the post was true,

Yeah..? If you say so.

Whatever.

RB
The_navigator©

Hhahahhahahhahaha

Cheers MC

CANDChelp wrote:
By the way, all of the post was true,

Yeah..? If you say so.

Whatever.

RB

ST60 Wind Instrument Calibration Theo Weber Electronics 3 May 22nd 04 01:21 PM
warping, tight slip, adverse wind Charles T. Low General 8 February 15th 04 11:29 PM
Wind or magnetism? Paul General 3 August 14th 03 03:31 PM
Wind generator questions Questions Cruising 1 July 29th 03 07:14 PM