CANDChelp

Default Lincoln LS...Bwahahahaha!

The only disappointment in the Lincoln's driving dynamics was its
speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering, which we found a tad too soft and
overboosted. Lincoln switched to a new steering rack for 2003, and in the
process, lightened up the turning effort. This may be fine for most drivers but
enthusiasts won't be as happy. The updated rack does provide crisp turn-in and
precise tracking, but we'd like a little more resistance and more road feel to
come through the steering wheel.

Likewise, the brakes, while effective, are a touch soft. There's too much of a
pillow feel when they're pressed. It would convey a better sense of sportiness
and confidence if the pedal had a tighter, more progressive feel.

Also, while the LS is fun to toss around and can handle the curves, the seats
are not quite up to the task of holding you in place. While they are covered
with thick, soft leather and are comfy enough for highway cruising, they do not
cradle your body enough. They allow too much movement, like an armchair. We'd
like them to have deeper buckets and tighter bolstering, at least on V8 sport
models.

Lincoln Chebeague for sale Gene Cosloy Touring 0 July 17th 04 09:48 PM
Abe Lincoln award Gould 0738 General 1 June 14th 04 03:39 AM
Bwahahahaha, Billy Jane!!! CANDChelp ASA 10 July 22nd 03 02:27 AM
Lincoln LS not a BMW CANDChelp ASA 0 July 22nd 03 12:57 AM