CANDChelp

Default McGregor 26M

The boat has the hull integrity of a take-out
styrofoam box and the appeal of Miami River flotsam.

Wait, are we talking about Billy Jane's wife now???

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
Capt. Mooron

Well Thank You Very Much for ruining a perfectly good post.... since when
have you suddenly decided to let the truth interfere with the facts???

Man but we got fog from hell around here. I went out to get the paper this
morning and I couldn't see the car in the driveway from the front door of
the house. It's like 20 feet away!!!! It took me a half hour of rowing
around to find my boat at her anchor. I set the strobe and a motion
activated bell.... had a bit of OP rum in my coffee and headed back to
shore.

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Mooron, the size of the motor is up to the owner. Some have 9.9's on them.
|
| Scotty
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Heh... Thanx for asking....
|
| The real skinny is they are a cheaply constructed plastic boat that
| exhibits
| severe oil canning, suffers from substandard hardware, has the rigging
of
| Laser, the lines of a powerboat, the performance of a quadriplegic, the
| appeal of silicone implants, the lineage of a Javex Bottle, a grossly
| overpowered engine, grossly underpowered sails, unbailable flooding
| ballast,
| slide & carry sewage disposal, self sweating interior and a guaranteed
| embarrassment factor at any marina.
|
| They are cheap, they are light, they sail somewhat, they power somewhat,
| they are easy to trailer, they are easy to clean, they are white, they
| have
| a 40 hp outboard, you can tell your friends you own a boat.
|
| Other than the above ... it's a great way to get out on the water cheap.
| Have Fun!
|
| CM
|
| "KB" wrote in message
| om...
| | I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments on
| | this boat?
| |
| | I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
| | recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can give
| | me the real skinny on them
| |
| | Thanks
| |
| | KB

Scott Vernon

Big T-storm in Jersey City today. We have like 175% humidity right now. You
walk outside and your clothes start sweating.

Scotty,
The truth shall set you free.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Well Thank You Very Much for ruining a perfectly good post.... since when
have you suddenly decided to let the truth interfere with the facts???

Man but we got fog from hell around here. I went out to get the paper this
morning and I couldn't see the car in the driveway from the front door of
the house. It's like 20 feet away!!!! It took me a half hour of rowing
around to find my boat at her anchor. I set the strobe and a motion
activated bell.... had a bit of OP rum in my coffee and headed back to
shore.

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Mooron, the size of the motor is up to the owner. Some have 9.9's on

them.

| Scotty
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Heh... Thanx for asking....
|
| The real skinny is they are a cheaply constructed plastic boat that
| exhibits
| severe oil canning, suffers from substandard hardware, has the

rigging
of
| Laser, the lines of a powerboat, the performance of a quadriplegic,

the
| appeal of silicone implants, the lineage of a Javex Bottle, a grossly
| overpowered engine, grossly underpowered sails, unbailable flooding
| ballast,
| slide & carry sewage disposal, self sweating interior and a guaranteed
| embarrassment factor at any marina.
|
| They are cheap, they are light, they sail somewhat, they power

somewhat,
| they are easy to trailer, they are easy to clean, they are white, they
| have
| a 40 hp outboard, you can tell your friends you own a boat.
|
| Other than the above ... it's a great way to get out on the water

cheap.
| Have Fun!
|
| CM
|
| "KB" wrote in message
| om...
| | I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments

on
| | this boat?
| |
| | I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
| | recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can

give
| | me the real skinny on them
| |
| | Thanks
| |
| | KB

Capt. Mooron

Yeah... same thing here... it's brutal getting chores done.

CM
The Facts will prove essential.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Big T-storm in Jersey City today. We have like 175% humidity right now.
You
| walk outside and your clothes start sweating.
|
| Scotty,
| The truth shall set you free.

Horvath

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:25:23 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

Big T-storm in Jersey City today. We have like 175% humidity right now. You
walk outside and your clothes start sweating.

175% humidity? Your clothes sweat?

I'm glad I don't live in Jersey.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Scott Vernon

So are we.

"Horvath" wrote

I'm glad I don't live in Jersey.

Scott Vernon

Yup, T-storms through to Thur. Hope the w/e is nice, again.

Scotty

"katysails" wrote in message

Big T-storm in Jersey City today
It's been pn and off here for the past 3 days and it's supposed to be

wetter tomorrow. At least we don't have to sprinkle the
lawn. Weekend's supposed to be dry, though, so hooray for that.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

John Cairns

Would beg to differ. We had a few for sale in these parts several years back
and the hoping-to-be-p.o.'s claimed to have spent up to 28k for their boats
new, which is not that cheap for a cheap boat. I think the 26x got dissed so
badly that it was redesigned(cosmetically, anyways) and given a new name to
distance it from the X.
http://www.mandrmarine.com.futuresit...wsn/page2.html
John Cairns

"KB" wrote in message
om...
| I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments on
| this boat?
|
| I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
| recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can give
| me the real skinny on them
|
| Thanks
|
| KB

Scott Vernon

Yeah Neal, I'm sure the man responsible for ''the WORLD'S best selling
cruising sailboat'' is concerned with your input.

Scotty

"Simple Simon" wrote

I like to think I had a great deal to do with that. I even got e-mails
from Roger Mac threatening me with a lawsuit if I did not cease
and desist. I told him to put up or shut up and never heard another
peep out of him.

Simple Simon

No lie. I did receive e-mails from somebody claiming to
be Roger MacGregor and the e-mail came from the
same city where the factory is. I checked out the headers.