KB

Default McGregor 26M

I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments on
this boat?

I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can give
me the real skinny on them

Thanks

KB
SAIL LOCO

It's a fine boat. Many Coranado owners step up to the Mac 26X when they gain
experience and desire more performance.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
whamo

Go to www.sailnet.com , click on discussion lists and sign up for the
Macgregor list. Ask questions or just lurk for a while and see what the
owners say.

Macgregors are inexpensive and are not off-shore boats, but they are well
suited for many people, like the Volkswagen beetle was.

"KB" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments on
this boat?

I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can give
me the real skinny on them

Thanks

KB

katysails

I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998

Gosh, has it been that long? What's the matter with us? Here we're all flaming Bobspit when we could be tearing apart Mac
26X's again. BTW, saw one floating on a can in Muskegon Lake the other day...UGLY....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

CANDChelp

I think Katy said it best. There's a 26X sitting a few docks away. I can't get
over how bad it looks, worse than any Express or Beneteau. The rigging looks
brittle at best.
It has an impressively quiet outboard.

RB

Simple Simon

Haaaaa aah aah hahhah ahahah hha hahahhahahahhahaha!

Only a IMBECILE would not rule out a Mac 26 the very
moment he laid eyes on one or a picture of one. The only
excuse for owning one is it was won in a contest for free.
Even then, just the cost of registration, transportation etc.
costs you more than the pathetic excuse for a boat is worth
to anyone but another imbecile.

"KB" wrote in message om...
I'm looking at buying a Mac 26. Anyone have any experience/comments on
this boat?

I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998, but not much
recent material. I'm hoping there's some mac 26 sailors that can give
me the real skinny on them

Thanks

KB

Thom Stewart

It has a impressively quit engine

I take it then, that it is going out while you are at the dock.

OT

Gerard Weatherby

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:32:15 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

I looked at deja and saw a bunch of flames from 1998

Gosh, has it been that long?

It's been more recent than that. I started reading the group in 2001 and
remember the McGregor bashing.

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org
Simple Simon

I just saw a Mac26 motoring down the Intracoastal waterway from a
distance of a hundred yards or so. What a goofy-looking outfit.

It had a big fat sausage of a wind-up jib and some halyard or another
was ding-ding-dinging as the Mac26 plowed (I say plow because it
wasn't really all the way up on a plane like a real power boat) along
probably at fifteen knots or so.

What idiot would buy a boat that does nothing well and several things
in a substandard fashion? The only answer is a person who is stupid
and too lazy to decide what he or she wants.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
It has a impressively quit engine

I take it then, that it is going out while you are at the dock.

OT

Synergy

I would have to agree. The boat has the hull integrity of a take-out
styrofoam box and the appeal of Miami River flotsam. Spare yourself the
embarassment and buy yourself a quality used boat.

Louis
s/v Synergy
Westsail 32 #679

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Haaaaa aah aah hahhah ahahah hha hahahhahahahhahaha!

Only a IMBECILE would not rule out a Mac 26 the very
moment he laid eyes on one or a picture of one. The only
excuse for owning one is it was won in a contest for free.
Even then, just the cost of registration, transportation etc.
costs you more than the pathetic excuse for a boat is worth
to anyone but another imbecile.

om...