Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
CANDChelp

Default Lesson for Steve

Read the following from the C&C 27 website....

Between races, the 27 is a very comfortable and trustworthy cruiser. The
Marks I and II are very stable boats, able to carry maximum sail area in
stronger winds. George Cuthbertson originally designed the Mark I for ocean
sailing. By comparison, the Mark Ill and IV move smartly in lighter airs, which
the Great Lakes are afflicted with in July and August, when many other boats
this size simply do not have enough rig to sail acceptably. All the 27's reach
very well. They easily keep up with the fleet from port to port, and usually
lead the cruising sailboats under 30 feet.

Sounds like the early versions of the 27 (by far the more attractive boat) are
the popular boat. All are handicapped very close. The website is clearly
ignoring the newer versions of the boat. Good light air ability asside, the 27
went astray after the early versions, especially in looks and below.
I suggest you visit the website. Are you planning to buy the C&C 27 to replace
the Express? The early versions have great lines and nicer interiors...probably
one of the better deals around in used boats.

Good luck in your new purchase!

Capt RB