CANDChelp

Default A lesson for Billy!

http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...san_300ZX.html

You might want to dig up some old issues of Car and Driver. When we had the car
we were only bested by heavily worked engines. The only mod we made was a stage
II exhaust and removal of the limiter. My girlfriend at the time drove the car
to 135 mph the first time she drove it. The car inspires confidence.
Let us know when you break 65 mph, Billy-Jane!!!

Bwahaahahahahahaha!

RB
CANDChelp

It was a turkey. A fast turkey, but a
turkey just the same.

Yeah, the turkey that brought every other Jap maker to lines. The car that
forced GM's hand. The car that forced Mazda to revamp the RX-7 early and that's
according to Mazda themselves. The car that convinced Honda/Acura to actually
put the NSX into US production.
We waited 4 months to get one because of the waiting list! The car was such a
hit that they built 3 (!!!) versions! The hugely fast Supra still couldn't
outhandle it when they reintroduced it!
You sure know your cars!

Bwahahaahahha! Keep em' coming, Billy-Jane!!! Don't quit now!

RB
CANDChelp

The car was such a
hit that they built 3 of them

Yup. ZX Dual Turbo. Normaly asperated and finally the convertable. They don't
make convertables out of cars that have already failed dopey. A 6 year run for
a Jap car with no major changes is HUGELY successful. They make the rag top
AFTER the car has done well!
You're doing great now, Billy Jane!

Keep em' coming! Bwahahahaha!

RB
CANDChelp

So successful that the company nearly was bankrupted. They put out a
lot of turkeys during that period.

The Nissan 300 was a success in every version except the overpriced
convertible. 6 years is a huge success, especially for a Japanese builder.
You know less about cars than boats...if that's possible!

RB