Simple Simon

Default O'day 272LE

Buckwheat say, "O'day is otay!"

"jlrogers" wrote in message . ..
I just made an offer on a 1988 O'Day 272LE. Boat will be used on Lake Texoma, TX. Can't think of a better way to find out why

I'm
an idiot than here, so be sure and give it to me straight.

Make: O'day
Model: 272le
Year: 1988
Length: (Feet) 27
Beam: 9
Draft: 3
Hull Type: Fiberglass
Engine Make: Westerbeke
Engine Type: Diesel
Horsepower: 10
Cruising Speed: (MPH) 5
Maximum Speed: (MPH) 7
Holding: (Gallons) 30
Water: (Gallons) 30
Fuel Capacity: (Gallons) 10
Fuel Type: Diesel

Here are some examples
http://oday.home.att.net/

http://www.anchoryachtsales.com/SB9540.htm
http://home.att.net/~oday/tomfool.jpg
http://home.att.net/~oday/scottfre.jpg

Scott Vernon

Can't be too bad a boat, boobs is already jealous.
Wheel or tiller? Swing board?
You didn't say what you offered. e-mail me if you want.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I just made an offer on a 1988 O'Day 272LE.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oday? Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

jlrogers

The boat is on Ray Hubbard, It's never been on Texoma.

"felton" wrote in message ...
I don't know anything about the boat, but remember that the offer was
most likely "subject to survey and sea trials". Where is the boat? I
am on Texoma (Cedar Mills). I do recall speaking to one of the yard
"techs" a couple of years ago and he was telling me about the
substantial amount of work they had to do to one O'day to beef up the
hull where the chain plates attached as the owner had apparently put
some muscle into the backstay and the hull deformed "significantly" on
both sides where the chainplates attached. It left two sizable
concave areas on either side of the boat.

I hate to use the term "clorox bottle" when describing someone's
prospective purchase, but I am afraid these boats are pretty lightly
and cheaply built. As many boats at Texoma don't come out of the
water EVER, be sure and be there when they haul the boat for a survey
before the blisters have a chance to dry out and shrink and the broker
tells you, "those are just paint blisters" There are good boats on
the market in the 27' range, but I don't think O'day would ever be
considered one of them.

Good luck

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:55:56 GMT, "jlrogers"
wrote:

[...]

jlrogers

Has a wheel (Iwanted a tiller!). Fixed FIN keel (lead wing). Here are some closeups. Don't like the "ports," but probably not a
safety problem for lake sailing.

http://members.aol.com/oday272j/

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I just made an offer on a 1988 O'Day 272LE.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oday? Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

Scott Vernon

IDIOT

wrote

Uh-oh... I think the keel must have fallen off!

BB