Simple Simon

Default Booby's C&C 32 was not previously documented either.

Check out the name on this pictu

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/c%26c32b.jpg

Now type "Nearly" into the following link

http://www.st.nmfs.gov/st1/commercia...g_vessel2.html

Note how C&C 32 is conspicuous in its absence.

Gilligan

You can search Bobsprit's boats at:

http://www.abika.com/Reports/Boatand...istrations.htm

By law it must be registered with New York State in addition to its
documentation.

It appears Bobsprit is fabricating things.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Check out the name on this pictu

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/c%26c32b.jpg

Now type "Nearly" into the following link

http://www.st.nmfs.gov/st1/commercia...g_vessel2.html

Note how C&C 32 is conspicuous in its absence.

Jeff Morris

It varies state to state. I think the majority of states require registration and a
sticker - The documentation does mean that you don't need the state number on bow.

"Vito" wrote in message ...
Gilligan wrote:

By law it must be registered with New York State in addition to its
documentation.

Is this a N.Y. idiosyncracy or what? I'm in the process of switching
documentation on a boat. I was told I could either do that and/or
register it in Virginia, but that state registration isn't required for
documented vessels. AFAIK, the boat has never been registered in any
state.

Scott Vernon

Yup, here's the unaltered pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/sbvernon/57775.JPG

Scotty

"jlrogers" wrote in message
y.com...
You all are forgetting something. The pictures he showed of the boat:

The name "Alien" was on the boat was faked with Photoshop.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

No registration numbers on his hull. No documentation and
he's most likely charging his girls for the motor rides he gives
them. Why, he's worse than Ganz!

"Gilligan" wrote in message

rthlink.net...
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Both Federal and State law require that any pleasure vessel, whether
propelled wholly or in part by mechanical means, which is operated on

the
waters of the state of new York, be registered with the NYS Dept of

Motor
Vehicles. Owner of vessels which are documented exclusively for

pleasure
with the federal government and which operate principally within NYS,

must
also apply to Motor Vehicles for a registration certificate and are

required
to display validation stickers. The following vessels are exempt from

state
registration requirements: vessels operating commercially with either

U.S. or foreign document; vessels legally registered in another state

(up to
90 consecutive days maximum); lifeboats (not including tenders and
dinghies); competition race boats; and non mechanically propelled

vessels.

CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION:

The registration certificate is your proof of current registration.

It may
also be your only proof of ownership unless the vessel is titled or
documented. Vessel operators, whether they are the owner or not,

must
carry the vessel's original certificate of registration on board at

all
times. Likewise, the documented vessel must also carry its

documentation at
all times when the vessel is in use.

CORRECT DISPLAY OF NUMBER:

The registration number consists of the letter NY followed by four

numbers
and two letters. A space, or a hyphen, the width of a letter, must

separate
the first and last two numbers from the four middle numbers (NY 1234

AB).
The numbers must be painted or permanently attached to both sides of

the
vessel's bow. It should read from left to right, be of block letters

not
less than three inches in height, and of a color that contrasts with

that of
the hull. The registration number should be the only number on the

forward
half of the vessel and should be clearly visible and readable from at

least
100 feet during daylight hours. This number may not be transferred to
another vessel.

VALIDATION STICKERS:

Two validation stickers will be issued at the time of registration.

These
stickers will display the month and the year of registration

expiration.
Validation stickers are to be affixed to the hull, in line with, and

no
further than three inches aft of, the registration number. On vessels
documented for pleasure with the U.S. Coast Guard, the validation

stickers
should be placed in approximately the same location.

HULL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER:

Federal regulations require all vessel manufacturers to permanently

affix a
HIN to every vessel produced. This 12 character identification, not

to be
confused with the vessel's registration number, is not only required

in
order for you to have your vessel registered, it also assists in

product
safety notifications as well as lost or stolen vessel recovery, much

the
same as the VIN on your car. Make sure that the HIN found on the

transom of
your vessel matches the number printed on your registration

certificate. If
there is a discrepancy, notify the Department of Motor Vehicles.

DOCUMENTED VESSELS:

Some larger vessels owned by U.S. citizens may be documented with the

U.S.
Coast Guard. In New York, all documented pleasure vessels must apply

for
registration and display the appropriate validation stickers. The
Department of Motor Vehicles will not issue a title or a number to a
documented vessel, however you will receive a registration certificate

and a
set of validation stickers. Registration fees and taxes are paid at

the
time of registration.

TITLES:

The Department of Motor Vehicles issues titles to all 1987 model year

and
newer vessels which are at least 14 feet in length. The title is your

clear
proof of ownership which must be surrendered to a new owner at time of
transfer. If your vessel is less than 14 feet, then the registration
certificate serves as the proof of ownership and must be signed over

to a
new owner.

HOW DO I REGISTER MY BOAT?

Simply complete Motor Vehicle's form MV-82B (application for

registration),
have the appropriate registration fee, provide proof of ownership,

proof of
payment of sales tax (may be paid to Motor Vehicles at time of
registration), along with a bill of sale and you're all set. If this

is a
new boat, or a vessel being registered for the first time, you will

also
need to bring the original certificate, or statement, of origin from

the
manufacturer with you to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

"Vito" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:

By law it must be registered with New York State in addition to

its
documentation.

Is this a N.Y. idiosyncracy or what? I'm in the process of switching
documentation on a boat. I was told I could either do that and/or
register it in Virginia, but that state registration isn't required

for
documented vessels. AFAIK, the boat has never been registered in any
state.

Simple Simon

He he he!

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
Yup, here's the unaltered pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/sbvernon/57775.JPG

SkitchNYC

No registration numbers on his hull. No documentation and
he's most likely charging his girls for the motor rides he gives
them.

You keep saying "his" and "he". But have you ever seen him at the helm of
"his" boat? He is just along to snap pix.

Simple Simon

Doesn't matter. He has called it his boat to many times
to count on this group alone and it's all archived over
at Google Groups. He's busted.

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message ...
No registration numbers on his hull. No documentation and
he's most likely charging his girls for the motor rides he gives
them.

You keep saying "his" and "he". But have you ever seen him at the helm of
"his" boat? He is just along to snap pix.

Bobsprit

Doesn't matter. He has called it his boat to many times
to count on this group alone and it's all archived over
at Google Groups. He's busted.

It is my boat. My wife says so whenever it's time to wash down the deck.

RB
Bobsprit

It is my boat. My wife says so whenever it's time to wash down the deck.

Correction: busted and WHIPPED!

Yup...and so long as I have better boats to sail than you, you can call it what
you like!!!
How big is that baby boat of yours???

Bwahhahahahahaha!

RB