BoatBanter.com

-   -   how a sail works, who can help me explain? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16239-how-sail-works-who-can-help-me-explain.html)

Gerard Weatherby July 28th 03 12:24 PM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:19:00 +1200, The_navigator© wrote:

Are you saying it isn't?

Of course not.. (Hint; E=mc*c)

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

Jan-Olov Newborg July 28th 03 08:28 PM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

(Thom Stewart) wrote in message ...
Jan,

With that wild jibberish explanation of Ground Effect you've reached the
lip of the bowl. Thereis no room left for anymore of you BULL ****

I'm can't post with you anymore Sorry

Ole Thom

So you are unable to understand that Ground Effect is due to the
convergent volume between Ground and the aircrafts wings at an Angle
of Attac (AOA). You get an aircusion with higher airpressure and lower
drag Thats also what happens in the Windsock and the entrance part of
the Venturi Pipe!. The WW2 bomberaircraft got back to England flying
very low over the seasurface to get low drag.

Your Bernoulli Bull **** will lead you no where!

Jan-Olov Newborg

Bertie the Bunyip July 31st 03 05:36 AM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

(Jan-Olov Newborg) wrote in
om:

(Thom Stewart) wrote in message
Jan,

Your reply, once again, is loaded with errors and show very little
depth of understand of the very things you are discussing.

You say velocity cannot create low pressure. WRONG!! Just think of a
painter's spray gun. The paint is introduced into the air stream by
a low pressure created by the velocity of the air thru a venturi. A
hand pumped bug sprayer creates a low pressure by velocity over the
tip positioned in that high velocity steam. This is something you
have to come to terms with understand the workings of a sail

I asked you "What is the Ground effect have to do with a sail" you
elected to not answer that but you go off half cocked about wings,
sails, rudders, curved roofs etc all working the same. I AGAIN ASK
YOU to explain how ground effect is of importance in the operation of
a Sail?

Even in your use of Newton's Law your understanding is WRONG! You
say deflecting the air thus creating a force. Jan the air flow is the
FORCE. The deflecting is the action, which creates the reaction. Your
understanding of Newton's first law leaves at lot to be desired.

Jan, you better read some of those web sites you are calling up on
Search.

Ole Thom

The Windsock seen at every airport and your beloved "Venturi Pipe" (
The Venturi effect" is very often misunderstood as the so called
"Bernoulli Effect"). It seems like The Bernoulli process always must
take place inside a Venturi Pipe! If not there will no "Effect".

The Ground Effect is just what physically happens in the Windsock and
in the Convergent Entrance Part of the Venturi Pipe! The longer into
the Venturi Pipe constriction we goes, the HIGHER TOTAL PRESSURE we
get and the lower airflow speed we get! Since you think that a sail
is some sort of half venturi pipe, you have the

Pim explains some of the so called "Bernoulli Effect Experiments"
physically correct!

http://www.sailtheory.com/experiments.html

Read all of PIMs exellent webpages!

You don´t need physical Sail explanations than that!

This webpage debunkes the false "Bernoulli Effect explanation" in the
painter's spray gun:

http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt..../MIS/mis6.html

Try to read and understand!

What, your ****?

Listen my children! The Timothy Leary of aerodynamics speaks!

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip July 31st 03 05:37 AM

****

I'm can't post with you anymore Sorry

Ole Thom

So you are unable to understand that Ground Effect is due to the
convergent volume between Ground and the aircrafts wings at an Angle
of Attac (AOA).

I'm able to understand it. I also understand you are talking right out of
your ass.

Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip August 3rd 03 10:17 AM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

(Jan-Olov Newborg) wrote in
om:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in message
(Jan-Olov Newborg) wrote in
om:

(Thom Stewart) wrote in message
Jan,

With that wild jibberish explanation of Ground Effect you've
reached the lip of the bowl. Thereis no room left for anymore of
you BULL ****

I'm can't post with you anymore Sorry

Ole Thom

So you are unable to understand that Ground Effect is due to the
convergent volume between Ground and the aircrafts wings at an
Angle of Attac (AOA).

I'm able to understand it. I also understand you are talking right
out of your ass.

Bertie

Congratulation Bertie!

Normally you are only able to write BLAHHABLAHAA in your postings!

Normally that's al you merit.

Have you been to school now and learned to write a whole sentence?

How goes idiot Tarver?

He still agress with you.

Bertie

Jan-Olov Newborg

The Carrolls August 8th 03 09:45 PM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

Neal is not going to claim to have a PHD in english again is he?
"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message

And not checking the spelling before posting is the sort of sloppiness

you
abhor, isn't it?

Never once did I claim to abhor misspelling. I simply stated
that in a published work done at the college level one would
tend to doubt the credibility and accuracy of an author who
misspells the very topic upon which he expounds.

And, I did check the spelling with the spell checker but it
just so happens that both chord and cord are words
correctly spelled. What's your excuse for vis-a-vis?

anonyme August 9th 03 01:50 AM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:53:57 -0400, "Simple Simon"
posted in message
from alt.sailing.asa:

"The Carrolls" wrote in message ...
Neal is not going to claim to have a PHD in english again is he?

I have a higher degree in English than you have in picking
your nose and since your finger goes up your nose all the
way to the third joint that's saying something.

Who are you?

--
anonyme mhm 32x19 and 31x11
Smeeter #34 Wee Saul Disciple #29

http://members.iinet.net.au/~vannevar/ascii3.html

otnmbrd August 9th 03 03:25 AM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

Considering your overall spelling and reading comprehension, I'd say you
were still trying to get out of first grade, and nowhere near ready to
even think of going to college.

Bertie the Bunyip August 10th 03 01:06 AM

how a sail works, who can help me explain?

anonyme wrote in
:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:25:26 GMT, otnmbrd
posted in message
et from
alt.sailing.asa:
Considering your overall spelling and reading comprehension, I'd say
you were still trying to get out of first grade, and nowhere near
ready to even think of going to college.

Whereas you top post.

it's his only chance to get on top.

Bertie