Bobsprit

Default The Sad liar

Sounds like our sail on Sunday, steady 15+, wife sleeping

My wife sails. Scotty, I truly feel badly for you. Truly.

RB
Bobsprit

I too had a hard time docking, don't know why, took 3 passes to back in
right.

Good lord.

RB
Bobsprit

Default The Sad liar indeed!

Sounds like our sail on Sunday, steady 15+,

Yeah...any pics of your "so called sail?"
Didn't think so.

RB
Thomas Stewart

RB,

If you were backing with the Martec Folding Prop, that was about 90% of
your problem.

It take a lot of getting use to, to back with the folder. I find that if
you figure sterrn walk You can pop the Blades open with a fairly high
RPM then throttle way down (Even neutral). You should be able to recover
your direction of sternway. If you don't think you have enough sternway,
Steer off course enough to allow for stren walk and pop the RPM to get
an open prop and then throttle back again and steer in.

Try anchoring a plastic bottle with fishing line and practize backing
into that, in a straight line g

Good Luck,
Ole Thom

Bobsprit

If you were backing with the Martec Folding Prop, that was about 90% of
your problem.

Thom, Scotty is the fellow who can't operate his boat. I've had zero problems
with the martec, though it offers far less thrust than a fixed. I've
experienced minimal prop walk thus far. Yesterday I has to deal with wind at
the slip and no problems. I think the prop walk was much worse on the Pearson
30.

RB

Bobsprit

I've put 2 hours on my engine since I launched. How many hours on your
engine hour meter?

The meter is not installed yet. But I can't imagine we've run the engine much
more than 30-40 minutes total. The longest we ran the motor is from the other
side of hart island on a dead day. It's been run in the slip more than an hour
though.

RB
Capt. Mooron

Mine it was 2 hours total so far including charging the batteries. I sleep
aboard every night.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| I've put 2 hours on my engine since I launched. How many hours on your
| engine hour meter?
|
| The meter is not installed yet. But I can't imagine we've run the engine
much
| more than 30-40 minutes total. The longest we ran the motor is from the
other
| side of hart island on a dead day. It's been run in the slip more than an
hour
| though.
|
| RB

Bobsprit

Mine it was 2 hours total so far including charging the batteries. I sleep
aboard every night.

We might have used it a bit more, even just leaving the slip, but this past
weekend was the first rain-free treat in more than 6 weeks. We've still sailed
more in the rain than without!

RB
SkitchNYC

Yesterday I has to deal with wind at